Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Take away 54 & 16 and the Bulldogs have been a bigger joke

Bullfrog supporters still taking the GF loss well
I just went over there and found this was a reaction to my Easton Wood retirement post. Gold.

Over on The Western board it’s gone from amusing to quite sad.

The amount of bitterness, denial and avoidance coping mechanisms are at unhealthy levels given it’s been over a month now.

I don’t think it’s fair to keep quoting the material as it appears there’s genuine suffering going on.

Well, maybe a little bit of quoting is still ok.

Over on The Western board it’s gone from amusing to quite sad.

The amount of bitterness, denial and avoidance coping mechanisms are at unhealthy levels given it’s been over a month now.

I don’t think it’s fair to keep quoting the material as it appears there’s genuine suffering going on.

Well, maybe a little bit of quoting is still ok.
I'm constantly torn between my pity and my schadenfreude when I go over to read the latest meltdown there.

How it started (after round 19):

Jack Viney is the wish.com version of Liber.
Guys I’m going to set up a go fund me for Jake Lever’s nose.
If you can contribute please do.
Thank you.
That's it, time to **** off to Mt.Buller
So good knocking those arrogant dees supporters off their perch
in the last quarter, when the game was there to be won, where was Oliver and Petracca? They were idle witnesses to the King Bont show. The Bont showed them how champions perform when the game is on the line.
No Dunks, no Treloar, no Martin, no Wood, no McLean, no Gardner,no Keath - no problem!

Melbourne really missing Tomlinson tonight.
Don't forget that Lever went off for two minutes with a blood nose. Melbourne's structure never really recovered from it.
Our midfield will smash Melbourne's come finals. And it won't be close.
Never forget

QMDHv5s.jpg
those Melbourne flogs are such morons.
Our best is better than anyone else's best. If not for the injuires I'd fear no-one in September.

(It goes on like this for another 15 pages that I'm not going to read, but for those of you who want to experience what celebrating a premiership in July looks like then here's the thread for you)

How it's going:

I think we have to get used to the idea that the Demons are going to be dicks until we beat them a few times. The concept of the gracious winner is beyond them. Eventually they’ll slump again and will have to cop what comes their way.
Can anyone remember a more classless premiership team? I can’t, and I’ve been around a while.
I don't remember our players ever tauning Sydney after our GF win.
their supporters were the dicks, and still are. Melbourne fans are as bad as their team.
What it tells me is they don‘t know how to handle success, no class no dignity and no leadership.
We are too classy to do childish crap like that. Gawn is no Woody or Bob.

Last edited:

(It goes on like this for another 15 pages that I'm not going to read, but for those of you who want to experience what celebrating a premiership in July looks like then here's the thread for you)

How it's going:

In all fairness I'd be happy to contribute to the Lever go fund me page if it means he shaves that shitty moustache.

How it's going:

I get the feeling that the The Western crew on BigFooty are all in on some elaborate troll/candid camera style sting. A “Fight Club” or “6th sense” style twist end is coming.

The arrogance and carry on as per these quotes at times during the season, juxtaposed with those same posters trying to take the moral high ground and complaining about alleged arrogance and carry on from Melbourne players and supporters (which is for the most clear piss take trolling) - all while salting it right up on the The Western board about how lucky Melbourne were and how unlucky the The Western were.

It’s really quite something. It’s too outrageous to be real - surely.

I mean if they didn’t fluff all of their last three home and away games they wouldn’t have had to tour the country before landing in Perth for the Grand final. They also had a week to freshen up pre grand final to. Some of the narrative is quiet funny. Leading up to the grand final it was we hadn’t played enough. Prost grand final they’d played too much. Reality is the season mirrored the grand final for us. Great start spluttering middle and smashing end.

Last edited:
I mean if they didn’t fluff all of their last three home and away games they wouldn’t have had to tour the country before landing in Perth for the Grand final. They also had a week to freshen up pre grand final to. Some of the narrative is quiet funny. Leading up to the grand final it was we hadn’t played enough. Prost grand final they’d played too much. Realty is the season mirrored the grand final for us. Great start spluttering middle and smashing end.

I always thought that the media were clutching at straws with the only one game in a month stuff. I also thought their prelim was deceiving port were dear in headlights form that night.

I always thought that the media were clutching at straws with the only one game in a month stuff. I also thought their prelim was deceiving port were dear in headlights form that night.
Tbf it was more of the unknown with it

I must admit I was unsure of how we would go with it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Tbf it was more of the unknown with it

I must admit I was unsure of how we would go with it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I would be lying if I said it wasn't something that worried me but as we got closer and closer to the gf the more I thought it was nonsense. My gut feel was this team was switched on, seems silly but watching a lot of the social media stuff made me feel calm. I think it's because the players seem to be bonding, they looked relaxed and yet I felt they were focused and ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port were easily the worst team in the prelims. Especially on their home deck against a side who failed to make the top 4 and only scraped in against the lions.

Port were easily the worst team in the prelims. Especially on their home deck against a side who failed to make the top 4 and only scraped in against the lions.
Could have been a different story had Melbourne not beat Geelong Rd 23. Melbourne would have played port in a qualifying final and probably win and then there could have been a risk of straight sets.

I mean if they didn’t fluff all of their last three home and away games they wouldn’t have had to tour the country before landing in Perth for the Grand final. They also had a week to freshen up pre grand final to. Some of the narrative is quiet funny. Leading up to the grand final it was we hadn’t played enough. Prost grand final they’d played too much. Reality is the season mirrored the grand final for us. Great start spluttering middle and smashing end.
Before the GF it was all about how the Dogs love doing it the hard way and being the underdog, how it gives them an edge. Once they fell apart in the Grand Final that mantra got thrown in the bin to be replaced by a chip on their shoulder about how unfair it was that they had to lay in the bed they made for themselves.

Ports game was one of the worst prelim final performances I'd ever seen. They just rocked up expecting it to happen.

Port played from jump street like the dogs played in the 4th of the GF.

My perception of the Port prelim at the time was that it was an extremely error riddled game from both sides - think I said as much here at the time. Port were just pathetic at the contest. Whereas the Cats actually put up a decent fight for 2.5 quarters. Felt biased at the time, but now I’m confident it wasn’t.

I don't remember much of our '18 prelim for good reason but Port's performance was similar, probably worse. No real attack at the contest and after the first quarter were mentally cooked
Great call. Of course their side had an average year and three months and 20 games experience on ours in 2018.

All four of the prelims across 2018 and 2021 were early blowouts.

How it's going:
Also, this is still somehow less volatile than their pre/post R11 behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back