Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I genuinely can’t fathom losing a GF by 74 points with a 100-7 turnaround. Am I wrong?
Nope. It was seriously one of the most bizarre, incredible things I have seen. Would have been a fun watch even for a neutral I suspect. My jaw was tired from hanging open all the while. I’m pretty sure I said what the actual * a record number of times in a single quarter of footy

Last edited:

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I genuinely can’t fathom losing a GF by 74 points with a 100-7 turnaround. Am I wrong?
The margin was greater than our 2018 prelim loss against WC, and our 2000 grand final loss against Essendon, both of which were genuine spankings where we were really not in the game at all - where as this match was a really tough fought contest up until just the end of 3/4 time, really bizarre stuff. Margin doesn't at all reflect the game itself, will be weird to look back on in years to come.

The margin was greater than our 2018 prelim loss against WC, and our 2000 grand final loss against Essendon, both of which were genuine spankings where we were really not in the game at all - where as this match was a really tough fought contest up until just the end of 3/4 time, really bizarre stuff. Margin doesn't at all reflect the game itself, will be weird to look back on in years to come.
When we were only 1 goal up with a minute to go in the 3rd, I never would have thought we'd end up winning by 12 goals.
The most bizarre finish to a Melbourne game since the one against GWS where we were 5 goals down at 3/4 time and ran over the top of them in the last.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
When we were only 1 goal up with a minute to go in the 3rd, I never would have thought we'd end up winning by 12 goals.
The most bizarre finish to a Melbourne game since the one against GWS where we were 5 goals down at 3/4 time and ran over the top of them in the last.
I’m watching the replay again - Foxtel have put it up.

Maybe this time I’ll believe it. Truly an incredible performance

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I just got my reaction privileges back. Kind of enjoyed not having them, really felt like I’d earned the suspension you know.
I get that some people get really serious about the whole react thing, but to be honest I think that laugh reacts are pretty low-key trolling and I’ve never really bothered to follow up on people who laugh react me. It is a forum involving all team supporters and if you don’t think your silly projections might be revisited and laughed at, or that lurkers abound here, then you should think about switching to a single team forum or Facebook pages or something.

Everyone knows that BF houses supporters of all teams. Having a glass jaw isn‘t likely to fix it. There are a handful of Dogs supporters who are too sensitive ATM. If they realised that getting worked up isn’t the way to go and ignoring it takes the oxygen away from the matter, we would all be better for it.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I get that some people get really serious about the whole react thing, but to be honest I think that laugh reacts are pretty low-key trolling and I’ve never really bothered to follow up on people who laugh react me. It is a forum involving all team supporters and if you don’t think your silly projections might be revisited and laughed at, or that lurkers abound here, then you should think about switching to a single team forum or Facebook pages or something.

Everyone knows that BF houses supporters of all teams. Having a glass jaw isn‘t likely to fix it. There are a handful of Dogs supporters who are too sensitive ATM. If they realised that getting worked up isn’t the way to go and ignoring it takes the oxygen away from the matter, we would all be better for it.

I usually chuckle when people start laugh reacting me after a loss. JSincsThighGap does it every year and I don't care

2A95DF13-585B-400C-A668-8044B6F1BFC3.jpeg

If this isn’t one of the BF Dogs posters ill eat the 2021 premiership cup. My bet is dogs_r_barking

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Weird how Melbourne being backed by neutrals over the Dogs broke some Dogs supporters more than the loss.
It was weird. And the bigger amount of neutral support almost certainly came from the 57 years as opposed to supporting a team that had their turn in 2016.

That plus getting tired of Bailey Smith types

It was weird. And the bigger amount of neutral support almost certainly came from the 57 years as opposed to supporting a team that had their turn in 2016.

That plus getting tired of Bailey Smith types
Gawd, Bailey Smith was so soft in the GF - not least in the last quarter when he was accosted by Salem. Too soft, and too worried about his hair.

I am so glad that we ******* pumped the Dogs - I hope we do it again next year. That said, we need to thump Collingwood in a GF to restore the Order of Things - and that is not going to happen any time soon.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Gawd, Bailey Smith was so soft in the GF - not least in the last quarter when he was accosted by Salem. Too soft, and too worried about his hair.

I am so glad that we ******* pumped the Dogs - I hope we do it again next year. That said, we need to thump Collingwood in a GF to restore the Order of Things - and that is not going to happen any time soon.
The idea of a Melbourne / Collingwood GF is amazing though. That would be epic. Shame they persistently suck at the moment.

I’ll have to comfort myself by dreaming of a Queens Birthday thumping instead

The idea of a Melbourne / Collingwood GF is amazing though. That would be epic. Shame they persistently suck at the moment.

I’ll have to comfort myself by dreaming of a Queens Birthday thumping instead
Pretty sure the Dees, Tigers and Pies were the three flag favourites pre-2019. Of course we spoiled the party that year, but it’s not as bad as the absolute cliff they have fallen off. Will be a miracle if they even win a final while we’re contending IMO.

Would love for Essendon to become a top 4 side while we’re up, that would be an epic finals match up. 4-1-2 GF record against them.
Amazing that before this year, all of our GF wins came against only 4 sides - and ten of the thirteen are against 2 sides.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Wow. Out-muscled by Salem!?! I missed this. Can someone point me to when this happened in the game.

Back