Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Oh it’s still going…

So this guy is “stoked” that supporters in Melbourne couldn’t go to the grand final. What type of campaigner thinks or says this? Truly incredible. Also I love that he has decided the loss (or should I say - embarrassing capitulation to score 7 to Melbourne’s 100) will mean that they will win a minimum of 2 flags in the next 5 years and he would be disappointed if they only get 2.

Bigfooty is ******* strange

And the The Western have if course done things the tough way, what with their father-son windfalls, NGA gift, umpiring “luck”.

I actually don’t care about that stuff, swings and roundabouts and luck, but it’s the core of the The Western flogs who act like their team is hard done by, when they’ve actually received more AFL funding than Melbourne every year bar one in the last decade and more draft compromising handouts that Melbourne have to build the current teams.

They want to be pious victims for some reason.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
And the The Western have if course done things the tough way, what with their father-son windfalls, NGA gift, umpiring “luck”.

I actually don’t care about that stuff, swings and roundabouts and luck, but it’s the core of the The Western flogs who act like their team is hard done by, when they’ve actually received more AFL funding than Melbourne every year bar one in the last decade and more draft compromising handouts that Melbourne have to build the current teams.

They just know that once Norf get shifted the. They are the next on the list to get targeted. Because they are still an unviavke club thanks to so many bandwagon supporters who don't stick around in the lean years and don't buy membershios

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Also claiming the high road and calling Melbourne supporters arrogant and in the same breath claims the Bulldogs having the best list and a minimum of 2 premierships in 5 years.

If hawthorn win 2012 they win 4 in a row. Hawthorn also didn't get completely smashed in the 2012 gf. Maybe worry about winning a grand final first before calling a dynasty.
Yeah they are hanging to the similarities to Hawthorn's dynasty

But refuse to acknowledge how similar we seem to be compared to the Richmond dynasty

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah they are hanging to the similarities to Hawthorn's dynasty

But refuse to acknowledge how similar we seem to be compared to the Richmond dynasty

I'm happy that we've won the premiership, yeah would love to see more and I think it's doable. There is no way I would be claiming this team should have a dynasty and certainly wouldn't If Melbourne had lost the grand final. Look at Collingwood in 2010 I remember seeing an an article saying they are set up for a dynasty but it never happened.

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh it’s still going…

So this guy is “stoked” that supporters in Melbourne couldn’t go to the grand final. What type of campaigner thinks or says this? Truly incredible. Also I love that he has decided the loss (or should I say - embarrassing capitulation to score 7 to Melbourne’s 100) will mean that they will win a minimum of 2 flags in the next 5 years and he would be disappointed if they only get 2.

Bigfooty is ******* strange

Yep getting absolutely smashed worked real well for Port '07, Adelaide '17, Gws '19 etc.
Not saying they can't contend, but is just straight up delusional thinking that losing a GF by 74points is better for the long run

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Damn so do we sack Goody for going to early with the premiership win?
Realistically getting pantsed like that in a final let alone Grand Final wouldn’t do a lot in a positive sense for a team.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
We have to get them in the GF next year.

1638178287936.png

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dogs fans on BF are endlessly fascinating to me. There's a kind of optimism and enthusiasm about them which goes beyond even optimism and enthusiasm. It's like they just know that their team is one of the best in the competition and that success is coming their way, and they take this for granted much the same as they take it for granted that the sky is blue or that the sun will rise tomorrow. It's just a background fact of their world that their team has one of the best lists ever assembled and there is absolutely nothing that can happen that will shake their faith in that.

It's worth stressing that they haven't finished top 4 since 2010 - so there's nothing in their recent history to suggest they can be a consistently great team. Like, we know that they have a strong and deep midfield, but that doesn't really help that much when there's only limited spots in there for most of them, and none of them except Bont and Smith can play anywhere else on the field. Really, having ten good midfielders is not a big advantage over having 5 good midfielders. And the rest of their list is mediocre. They're playing guys like Cordy, Martin and Hannan who wouldn't be getting a game at many other clubs, JJ who hasn't played a good game in 5 years, a few of solid battlers like Keath and R.Smith, Dale and Daniel who can be damaging if they get off the chain, and then not much else. They talk about Naughton like he's the second coming of Christ, but if you take out the 2-3 spectacular pack-busting marks he's capable of taking each game, he doesn't have a lot of other tricks (the goal he scored in the GF was only the second he's scored all year not from a mark). I checked his stats, and after the bye he averaged 8.9 disposals, 4.5 marks and 1.4 goals a game, which is pretty subpar even for a 21yo KPF (for the record, Tom McDonald averaged 12.9 disposals, 4.9 marks and 1.0 goals a game over the same period, which includes his crap form after coming back from injury).

So yeah, they finished 5th, they got smashed by 74 points in the GF and they've done nothing to address their list deficiencies in the offseason, so a dynasty must be on the way. I think 2016 broke their brains.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
There is no way I would be claiming this team should have a dynasty
Yeah I’ll be devastated if we left it at one flag. Definitely see a couple more cheeky flags coming our way. Gonna be a wild ride, can’t fn wait tbh.

I hope Melbourne keeps on celebrating and doing their tour de triumphe, it’s a good distraction from preseason, which our boys are already tackling.

It's almost like there isn't training pics of the Dees players back in pre season in ripping shape

It's almost like there isn't training pics of the Dees players back in pre season in ripping shape

Dogs know all about over-celbrating after a premiership

Cu27We0WEAAdpTr

Or a prelim...

I really do admire their faith in their players. I'd be concerned about a team that conceded 100 points to 7 in the final 40 minutes of a grand final, personally.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair I’d be pretty demoralised if we’d lost in the same manner, was an absolutely bizarre ending to a grand final, but at least they have 2016, weird that they can’t quite accept it, we were the best side all season.

Get a decent backline and stop playing Mitch Hannan and maybe they’ll get us next year.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair I’d be pretty demoralised if we’d lost in the same manner, was an absolutely bizarre ending to a grand final, but at least they have 2016, weird that they can’t quite accept it, we were the best side all season.

Get a decent backline and stop playing Mitch Hannan and maybe they’ll get us next year.

I would be more concerned about having such a superior midfield and getting absolutely smashed in that last 40 minutes.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I would be more concerned about having such a superior midfield and getting absolutely smashed in that last 40 minutes.

I know it’s kind of obvious, but the The Western have an imbalanced list. Depth is only really useful if you get injuries, so all that depth in the midfield and being paper thin on depth, or playing sub AFL standard players as best 22, in other parts of the ground is their problem. And they’ve done nothing to solve it this off season.

Melbourne have minimum two outstanding players in each part of the ground, and the worst players in the best 22 are at least consistent and AFL level competent.

Anyone care to make a video of the Grand Final which displays quotes from the Western game day thread at corresponding times during the game? Just looking at new options for enjoying the replay. Please and thank you

Anyone care to make a video of the Grand Final which displays quotes from the Western game day thread at corresponding times during the game? Just looking at new options for enjoying the replay. Please and thank you
I’d pay money for it

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know it’s kind of obvious, but the The Western have an imbalanced list. Depth is only really useful if you get injuries, so all that depth in the midfield and being paper thin on depth, or playing sub AFL standard players as best 22, in other parts of the ground is their problem. And they’ve done nothing to solve it this off season.

Melbourne have minimum two outstanding players in each part of the ground, and the worst players in the best 22 are at least consistent and AFL level competent.

Completely agree, my statement is just a cheeky stab at Bulldogs supporters thinking their midfield depth is the be all end all.

Like a q and a style twitter pop up feed.

Back