Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

When was the last time a team got pumped in a GF and came back the following year to win it all? If memory serves very few even manage to make the GF again or even contend.
Not quite the same but Geelong were pantsed in the '10 prelim and won it the next year without (arguably) their best player, noting that list was still stacked with guns across the field.
Geelong were also flogged in consecutive years, in 94 and 95 GFs.

When Melbourne got spanked by 60 in the 2000 GF I remember thinking “Geez, we are miles off it.”.

Cleary I should’ve been thinking “Unparalleled success is imminent!!!!” if the The Western supporters are any guide.
Also not to mention that our list and cosch were clearly objectively preferable to Essendon’s

Almost every Carlton post by Carlton nuffies on their breakout 2022 thread on the main board

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Every year it is the same story. I reckon a Carlton supporting mate of mine has claimed Carlton have the best young list in the AFL for the last 15 years now.

I figure they are just going off the law of averages at this point, no point stopping now they are too far in, it will come true eventually if you keep saying it.

I figure they are just going off the law of averages at this point, no point stopping now they are too far in, it will come true eventually if you keep saying it.
Richmond, and now us, have gone from talented underachievers to premiers very suddenly. I suppose that offers some hope to them.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There’s a poster on The Western board giving us kudos for our celebration day and the fact we won the flag. Didn’t get a great reception to that post. One guy had a go at the players for wearing their medals. Fancy wearing your medals to the celebration where they were re-presented to players.
The mind boggles at some of these posters lol. Also apparently the players are drinking their own bath water. Stupid comment really. I mean some of the players were training within a fortnight. Unlike mullet boy who went very hard.

Last edited:
True, Demons are irrelevant winning 1 flag in 50 years
I guess this is what you trot out when you can no longer say 'well you guys haven't won a premiership in 50+ years)

The Carlton supporters on the MB now genuinely believe that Cerra rejected us in favour of them.

But they also believe that Cripps' loss of form can be attributed to "well Teague played him injured, Voss will get him back where he needs to be" as if their coach isn't the guy who failed at his first attempt and has now been midfield coach of one of the most talented but flaky midfields in the league for the past 7-8 years.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
When I compare Carlton and Essendon, I believe we are the more talented side, but Carlton are the more balanced side. Melbourne and Richmond have proven that balance beats talent and GWS have proven that talent alone won't get you there. Hopefully we understand that when we go to the draft on Wednesday/Thursday.
This guy. Main board - Essendon supporter. I’m sorry guys. Looks like Track, Clarry, Gawn, Lever, May, Koz, Jackson are just journeymen. Ah how I long to be Essendon

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I guess this is what you trot out when you can no longer say 'well you guys haven't won a premiership in 50+ years)
I'm just really, really jealous of people who are still allowed to post in that thread.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Is that because Jason Taylor is bad at recruiting KPFs, or because we’re bad at developing them?
I reckon it's because 1) KPF's aren't really that important, otherwise Carlton would win games occasionally and 2) rather than waste top draft picks on a KPF who may end up s**t like Boyd or McCartin you can just buy a Benny Brown who is good enough.

I kind of get what they're saying, but it's worded weirdly. I think a balance of talent across the ground is needed, not just 6 gun mids/HFFs (see Dogs, GWS, etc).
What they also can’t see is that Petracca and Oliver are a better combo than any two other players in the comp. Which makes sense, given they’re at worst two of the tree best players in the competition. Not to mention that their captain is still at his best in the top 5 players in the competition, and as demonstrated in the GF, his still raw understudy is blessed with almost unprecedented ability which allows that Petracca/Oliver duo to go to another level entirely.

It doesn’t matter how many good midfielders other sides have. Unless their best mids improve they will never be able to do what Petracca and Oliver supported by Gawn/Jackson do. You can only have so many good players in a side, and two or three superstars can easily combine to make other factors irrelevant. Then obviously there is the reality they want to deny that Viney, Harmes, Sparrow, etc are all very good footballers and we have stars all over the ground. But firstly, opposition fans (especially Bulldogs fans) don’t seem to grasp how good Petracca and Oliver are. Perhaps because they cruised through most of 2021.

I reckon it's because 1) KPF's aren't really that important, otherwise Carlton would win games occasionally and 2) rather than waste top draft picks on a KPF who may end up sh*t like Boyd or McCartin you can just buy a Benny Brown who is good enough.
It was tongue in cheek from me, but I agree with both of these points.

I found myself parting team building and head coaching expertise on a Carlton supporter in the Denver Broncos thread a month or so ago, didn't even realise id done til I read it back, funny part was he was submissive to my "Carlton is a joke of a club and here is why" diatribe .... like he was actually taking into account the things I was saying coz the dees just won a premiership.

What a life.

Back