Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Perceived as being marketable and the ‘safe’ team to favour without drawing too much ire (the ‘everyone’s second team’ myth). For my part I always feel a bit cringe hearing them belt out Sons of the West. Sons of Xavier College and similar would be more accurate - a bunch of nice, well bred young men who grow a mullet for charity and so forth.
This. Felt very ironic folks talking them up as the 'battlers' against the toffs in the GF last year. Each team had plenty of private school, upper-middle class blokes on the team. At least we have some token tradies like Fritta, and Gawn is from a working-class background.

This. Felt very ironic folks talking them up as the 'battlers' against the toffs in the GF last year. Each team had plenty of private school, upper-middle class blokes on the team. At least we have some token tradies like Fritta, and Gawn is from a working-class background.
Eh. Since footy became industrialised the elite junior pathways have effectively been outsourced to wealthy private schools who have far more power, money and resources than state schools and grassroots junior clubs. At the administrative end, clubs are essentially run by captains of industry. The only thing that’s working class about AFL clubs is a significant portion of the fan base.

Melbourne had a reputation of being the toffy club in the 50s and 60s because of the demographics of the fans and a high number of white collar professionals among the players but there’s pretty much a sameness among all Victorian clubs now.

Anyone care to make a video of the Grand Final which displays quotes from the Western game day thread at corresponding times during the game? Just looking at new options for enjoying the replay. Please and thank you
Please tell me this happened!

I find that Carlton supporters are hostile towards Melbourne, I use to not understand it, but I think I get it now. They haven't beaten us since 2016 and have had a few close chances with no success. 2019 and 2020 being examples of this. It's similar to Melbourne supporters with saints and North, not so much when Melbourne were s**t and saints had a super team in 09 10 more so when Melbourne and saints were on paper on par around 14-16 and we just never could beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should bring this back when they are top 4 contenders
On the flip side of north's lunacy Sydney have gone with this.
Now that is sexy.

North fans debating why they’re being smashed in the middle (some of their best mids aren’t playing)

“Even at full strength I think they'd have the advantage.”

As if it’s line all. My absolute favourite type of spooners.

They are now complaining about the umpiring in a practice match on the Norf board lol

'Can someone tell the umpires it’s just a practice match'

'Melb now getting some soft frees, beauty'

Also how the * do you quote and remove the posters name now?

They are now complaining about the umpiring in a practice match on the Norf board lol

'Can someone tell the umpires it’s just a practice match'

'Melb now getting some soft frees, beauty'

Also how the fu** do you quote and remove the posters name now?
Just copy and paste their post into quote tags.

You can find the button to add a generic quote in the formatting menu, looks like a pair of quotation marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back