Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know exactly how, but I am certain that facebook gives people lead poisoning.
Christ, even the social media team are hopeless boomers

Screenshot_20220819-113613_Facebook.jpg

Caro calls a lot of people names... at least no-one calls her a journalist.

I'm so keen for this... I could have copped Clarkson and his forthright methods, but all along I've thought Sheedy is working some magic... he's not crazy he's a genuine out-of-the-box thinker and I'm all for us getting a bit of heart, mystery and dynamic back. If these last few years of complete lack of defensive attitude or lateral thinking is what a blue-collar club looks like I definitely don't want that. Yes we need changes at board and administration level and then we need to set in place systems and wise heads to support Hird as senior coach.

Caro calls a lot of people names... at least no-one calls her a journalist.

I'm so keen for this... I could have copped Clarkson and his forthright methods, but all along I've thought Sheedy is working some magic... he's not crazy he's a genuine out-of-the-box thinker and I'm all for us getting a bit of heart, mystery and dynamic back. If these last few years of complete lack of defensive attitude or lateral thinking is what a blue-collar club looks like I definitely don't want that. Yes we need changes at board and administration level and then we need to set in place systems and wise heads to support Hird as senior coach.
Lol!

Sheedy spends every day at Ringwood RSL betting on the ponies. Bloke is cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats fan

Finals is a capitalist construct to appease schoolyard children and adults with substance abuse issues. It's to make the spectacle more climatic for the low functioning fans but moreso for the clubs coffers. Since when did 3 to 4 games prove more than 22 to 24 games? "SiNcE iT wUz FiNeLz?"

Those finals statistics don't count for s**t really. At least nothing compared to what you believe. In bigger sports minor premiers are premiers. Every year somebody wins a premiership. Winning 21 games is a far rarer achievement. So is finishing top 4 10 years in a row. It's rarer & harder so do the math. Who gives a s**t about the spectacle side of it.

Why is the big shiny cup a better achievement than an actual rarer achievement? Someone has to win one every year. I suggest you change club to North if winning means nothing to you. See how you feel after a year with 4-5 wins.

I love the 'in bigger sports minor premiers are premiers'

Yup if you ignore the NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, Union, League, Netball and ignore that the pinnacle of soccer is the World Cup and champions league.
Only positive I could see to scrapping finals is we might still have suburban grounds. But seriously dumb argument that minor premiers is a more impressive result. Premiers for the most part have won the most games for the whole year anyway.

Only positive I could see to scrapping finals is we might still have suburban grounds. But seriously dumb argument that minor premiers is a more impressive result. Premiers for the most part have won the most games for the whole year anyway.
It would make more sense if you had a 34 game season and played both home and away. Right now if you had swapped Cats playing North and WC twice for playing Collingwood and Sydney twice and same for us essentially we could have finished first instead without being any better of a team at all.

It would make more sense if you had a 34 game season and played both home and away. Right now if you had swapped Cats playing North and WC twice for playing Collingwood and Sydney twice and same for us essentially we could have finished first instead without being any better of a team at all.
Yeah with all the inequality in the regular season there is no way you could say it's better to win a bunch of games against crap teams when you can't beat the good teams.

A 34 game season sounds like an awful slog. These days I start to get bored around round 15 and struggle to get re-enthused until finals are close. Can't imagine how I'd go with a 9 month long season. But we might have a nice boutique stadium out in Casey while the MCG would be an apartment block.

Yeah with all the inequality in the regular season there is no way you could say it's better to win a bunch of games against crap teams when you can't beat the good teams.

A 34 game season sounds like an awful slog. These days I start to get bored around round 15 and struggle to get re-enthused until finals are close. Can't imagine how I'd go with a 9 month long season. But we might have a nice boutique stadium out in Casey while the MCG would be an apartment block.
Yeah Eddie's 17-5 fixture idea sounds the best

I bet that person would be celebrating big time if the cats win it. That's a post of desperation. Was there many reactions to the post TK?
Think it's a freshy so not yet, it was in a thread from a cats fan stroking himself to their H/A record and another cats fan said well WC are bottom 4 this year but they have more flags than us in 30 years

On the rolling all-Australian thread I do an analysis of the small forwards and their output vs. finalists vs. non-finalists.

Melbourne will end up playing either 11 or 12 H&A games against fellow finalists (depends if Western or Carlton make it).

Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane all either 7 or 8 games. Sydney will be 7 or 8, Freo and Collingwood 8 or 9.

If Western or Carlton get there they will have each played against 10 fellow finalists.

I'd love a 20-team comp and everyone plays each team once. Then a slightly extended finals series.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd stay with a top 8 still. 7th and 8th are already rat s**t teams to begin with don't need to add 2 more dog s**t teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back