Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

This is now their Grand Final, if it wasn't already.
Saturday night should be treated as the last game of the season and we must win to make the eight. Based on that Grundy must play.
I'm confused Collingwood board. Who's Grand Final is it?

Our premiership drought really is quite astounding when you consider how many Grand Finals we've appeared in over the years according to this lot

Lucky for us draft pick order is based on ladder position after finals.

That will mean Melbourne end up 7th or 8th after losing their first final - probably 8th - so a top 10 is still likely.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Terry Wallet on SEN

Sydney have the best group of 23 and under players in the league.

He then riles off 8 names asking if anyone elses teams can compare to them

Once problem though Wallet, Heeney, Papley, Melican & Mills are all over 23

Even more concerning as he would have thought this through and gone live with it. oh how good it would be to have a job that being consistently wrong doesn't seem to matter

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Terry Wallet on SEN

Sydney have the best group of 23 and under players in the league.

He then riles off 8 names asking if anyone elses teams can compare to them

Once problem though Wallet, Heeney, pepley, Melican & Mills are all over 23

Even more concerning as he would have thought this through and gone live with it. oh how good it would be to have a job that being consistently wrong doesn't seem to matter

Surprising from Terry who I actually think is OK normally and watches more games than most of the pundits.

Surprising from Terry who I actually think is OK normally and watches more games than most of the pundits.
I've heard him say he makes sure he watches every game, which I why I value his opinion higher than others (even if I don't agree with it)

Whereas someone like Slobbo will openly say he couldn't watch more than a quarter of a particular game as they standard was so bad. But then he will go on to either praise or criticize certain players from said game

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

Still petitioning for "media personality saying dumb things" thread.

Nick reiwoldt come on down

Apparently saints are well in front with trading since 2015. In a nutshell he says only hannerbury is a failure (upwards of 700k a year for effectively a trade pic swap in mid 20s) meanwhile hill has been "slow but getting back to his best" and Ryder similar, Jones apparently gets a tick (even though his lack of composure several times ultimately cost the team victory against Brisbane) . Butler the obvious win here, Howard somehow is also a tick despite averaging less ranking points, disposals, intercept possessions against last year (again rumoured to be on a wage over half a mil per year)

Meanwhile, according to reiwoldt : Tomlinson is already a failure (even though his past 4 weeks as a medium defender has seen him barely scored against while also generating defensive rebound) Langdon is just ok, thought when compared to hill is averaging nearly 90m more per game, 5 disposals a match more, more score involvements and 3 years younger (7% higher disposal efficiency).. lever apparently no good even though he statistically ranks higher against Howard in most categories in 2020, and may "started poor but has been good. Pruess and KK also mentioned as being not sighted.

Butler the obvious win here for the saints, pick 18 for Ryder/Howard still questionable, 10 and this year's second (and acres) for hill is the proverbial farm..

Saints definitely having the better season but I'd firmly put that on the shoulders of good internal development from Marshall, billings, clark, Gresham (big out) and improvement of Steele.

In my view another poor article with minimal analysis.

Also, even though it's unlikely, a dees win tomorrow night would have us a game behind saints with a game in hand.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah bit silly,
Mays been borderine AA and atleast in the conversation for the squad.

Lever is top 5 in the AFL for intercept marks, slow start but he's young

Langdon even though I'm critical of him he was a bargain for 21 or whatever it was

Thomlinson was a FA lol. If he's playing for us he's not a failure, also who's a failure in their first year? Only a moron would say that

Preuss was traded for Tyson, one will still be around for another 5 years atleast. Ain't Tyson.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah bit silly,
Mays been borderine AA and atleast in the conversation for the squad.

Lever is top 5 in the AFL for intercept marks, slow start but he's young

Langdon even though I'm critical of him he was a bargain for 21 or whatever it was

Thomlinson was a FA lol. If he's playing for us he's not a failure, also who's a failure in their first year? Only a moron would say that

Preuss was traded for Tyson, one will still be around for another 5 years atleast. Ain't Tyson.
Everything you said is exactly how I felt.

It's like big Nick got his below averaged girth in his hand looking at the ladder, and looked at his trade notes and combined the 2 to write that article.

Literally the only difference in the saints and dees season so far is the sliding doors result vs port. Great win by saints in that game, and a shocking loss by us. They've shown similar fragillities as us, albeit ours are 4 years running now.

May has been fantastic all year, lever fairly strong with a few moments of filth, Langdon is playing career footy and filling a need, and Tomlinson needs to keep improving but was a free hit.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
my dear old mum was a big fan of Nick Reiwoldt in his playing days. so when he wrote his autobiography i brought it for her. after she had finished it i asked her how it was and she said it was pretty boring lol. that sums up Nick really, even 70 year old women find him boring.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
my dear old mum was a big fan of Nick Reiwoldt in his playing days. so when he wrote his autobiography i brought it for her. after she had finished it i asked her how it was and she said it was pretty boring lol. that sums up Nick really, even 70 year old women find him boring.
Gun player,

But reckon he'd spent 15-20% of his adult life looking at himself looking in a mirror.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Gun player,

But reckon he'd spent 15-20% of his adult life looking at himself looking in a mirror.
Top half anyway, unless he had a special carnival style shaped mirror.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am trying to think of a more painful loss in the last 10 years ... anyone help me out?

We should hav3 ran out with Melbourne or St Kilda jumpers .... we have forgotten how to win!

no goals in th3 last half .... I find it hard to find Th3 words .... oh no here is one pathetic!

so many players not willing to stand up ... Martin passing to Cripps, fail
cripps, again not kicking a clutch goal, Harry ... just wants to b3 flashy @nd funny @nd hey look at me.

just really disappointed in an absolute putrid showing to a club so depleted we should hav3 won .... Dawks X 10 .... thank you team for making me feel like I barrack for Melbourne! 🤮

Guess old mate missed the bit where as s**t as we have been we've won more games than Carlton since 2000.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Guess old mate missed the bit where as sh*t as we have been we've won more games than Carlton since 2000.
Carlton and Essendon fans still clearly the most deluded in the land. There’s a Blues fan on the Top 10 Mids thread on the MB mashing the dislike/disagree button on everyone’s posts. Reading between the lines it seems to be because not everyone rates Paddy Cripps as the best mid in the comp right now. Some of these posts include Cripps but at #6 or so. One of them is mine which merely states the top 10 mids in the AFLCA votes.

This guy is a dyed in the wool Saints fan who pretends to be neutral. Does a rolling AA and hasn’t had Trac all year; fits Brad Hill and Betts into his Team of the Week but no Trac.

Also did these:

Back