Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

They have won 3 out of the last 4 tbh, their arrogance is pretty justified. Their system is perfect.
All of which doesn't have much to do with what I said

Pick 7 and ED(!) Curnow for Clayton Oliver anyone?

I’d be having a chat to Ed Curnow. He’d be a walk up start in the Dees 22.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pick 7 and ED(!) Curnow for Clayton Oliver anyone?
Not sure they would even need to add pick 7.

We are crying out for slow, inside mids who can't kick!

With AT being pushed out and seemingly wants to stay in Victoria, what do people think of Treloar & Phillips for Oliver and Demons 1st? We probably still need to pay some of Treloar's salary no doubt.
:$

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Oliver has absolutely requested to come to Carlton. News will only filter out if a deal can be done. Until then all parties will keep quiet about it.

This must be how those Carlton ITK's keep their flawless records. They can't be wrong if all parties are conveniently going to keep things quiet in the event that it doesn't happen.

#Bluemour

Treloar and 3rd round pick in exchange for Pick 5, Peter Wright and Alex Sexton.

From the pies board. The Suns will be clambering for their pen to sign off on that deal.

Mouthbreather Lloyd on Sam Weideman: "Toughen up Sam, you have all the talent in the world, but you’re kicking 10 goals a season and getting dropped because you’re not physical enough."

Nothing wrong with his physicality; I really enjoyed his willingness to crash packs this year. He really just needs to clunk a few more of the opportunities he gives himself. Lloyd obviously hasn't seen Sam play in a couple of years.

Mouthbreather Lloyd on Sam Weideman: "Toughen up Sam, you have all the talent in the world, but you’re kicking 10 goals a season and getting dropped because you’re not physical enough."

Nothing wrong with his physicality; I really enjoyed his willingness to crash packs this year. He really just needs to clunk a few more of the opportunities he gives himself. Lloyd obviously hasn't seen Sam play in a couple of years.
Seriously it amazes me about how little football these campaigners actually watch

He didn't get dropped this year and being physical isn't his problem

I guess it goes to show that the good ex AFL players with a good football brain go into coaching, development ext. The dickhead who just happen to be good players go into the media and dribble s**t with no consequences for being wrong

He did improve, but dropped away a bit as the season went on. Needs to maintain his level from this year though, so maybe it's good he gets a media rocket every now and then?

He did improve, but dropped away a bit as the season went on. Needs to maintain his level from this year though, so maybe it's good he gets a media rocket every now and then?
which is fine, but when someone in the media gives him a rocket it would be good if it actually sounded like they were giving him the rocket for a reason. Not just dribble on as if they are describing another player

It's not hard for them to do the research

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

"you're kicking 10 goals a season"

Kicked 19 goals this season ...
(He may have meant averaging over his career, but talking about a season average goals for a young key forward is equally as absurd)

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think LLoyd just hates Melb. Anyway the way i saw Weidemans' season was off to a slowish start , partly as first time as No1 key forward, got better as the season progressed , could have looked even better with a few more goals but his pack crashing was good , got a bit tired by the last 4-5 rounds maybe as the wear and tear took over. He needs to keep improving no doubt , especially holding a few more grabs , but overall i was happy with his progress .

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weids drop off came when he had no help down there with either Jackson or TMac both out. that's not his fault, he was going along quite well up until then, but he found it harder as the solo key target which is understandable.
i've got no worries about Weid when he's got another key forward playing alongside him who is actually dangerous enough to draw a key defender and give Weid and Fritsch more even contests more often.
now that could be Ben Brown or Jackson, but Preuss and Mitch Brown weren't the answer at the end of this year. TMac was ok when he was able to take contested marks, but then seemed to have forgotten how it was done the last 2 years.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not to mention that in his first couple of years, The Weed, had iron deficiency problems, which meant that i was difficult to put on any decent size .Would the "Velvet Sledgehammer" be as good if he had those same iron deficiencies?
Super strange comparison, Lloyd hardly relied on strength.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bluemour thread a good read. Most concede they aren’t getting Oliver. However most think he’ll nominate them next year. One poster thinks no news is good news and he’s hopeful Oliver gets there this year.
Another thinks As they’ve prioritised Williams and Saad Oliver will have to wait. I’m pretty confident Oliver would have been prioritised over both should he have actually wanted to get there.

Lloyd was a good player no matter which way you spin it. Was a diff era for forwards. It’s not like he said Weideman sucks - him acknowledging that Weideman has ‘all the talent in the world’ is a huge compliment given he knows forward craft as well as anyone.

Not sure if this enough for Brown?

557D7788-7D40-4D87-BEB5-A2E13424966B.jpeg

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Not sure if this enough for Brown?

View attachment 1001546
Haha, I was wondering how long this would take, they were talking about the Brown deal on TR this arv, and SOS just dropped Brayshaw in there as a way North might be able to get more value, even tho they all agreed Hawthorn's 2nd was about right. The suggestion was that they'd probably be giving back our 1st rounder to make it happen, not us giving them another one.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha, I was wondering how long this would take, they were talking about the Brown deal on TR this arv, and SOS just dropped Brayshaw in there as a way North might be able to get more value, even tho they all agreed Hawthorn's 2nd was about right. The suggestion was that they'd probably be giving back our 1st rounder to make it happen, not us giving them another one.
I think sos was just putting his recruiters hat on. It's been clear that Brayshaw has at times been played at times out of position or not getting enough game time. So of course from a recruiters point of view you would ask about Brayshaw as he fills a need because Higgins is going. They said Brayshaw isn't worth pick 2 or 11 but didn't go into too much detail.

Back