Remove this Banner Ad

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Paddy Dow is literally Toumpas levels of first round bust. The bloke has zero composure and cannot kick a footy.
Strikes me as the same unfortunately. IIRC he bottled it in that loss to GC last year. He could still come good, but needs about three years to dominate in the (currently non-existant) twos. Richmond drafted his younger brother so he's going to be coming off a decent platform at least.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
Just googled him because I literally couldn't remember who Paddy Dow was. I found highlights from his 'breakout' game.

Probably the worst highlights package I have ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Just googled him because I literally couldn't remember who Paddy Dow was. I found highlights from his 'breakout' game.

Bahaha, wow, that is absolutely awful. When you see a 4min+ highlights package, you think there will be a fair bit of quality in there, literally all that was even half worth being in there was the attack on the ball and quick hands early, and the smother. Literally 1.15 is him shorting a shot at goal, and the resultant score review for touched. Pretty sure other than going sideways or backwards a bunch of times, he only actually hit one target.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham

I only watched the first highlight but appears to be a decent mark then returned straight back to Geelong with the kick

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
I only watched the first highlight but appears to be a decent mark then returned straight back to Geelong with the kick
There are a number of turnovers, a missed goal, a goal that gets score reviewed and then called as touched, a couple of short kicks and handballs, and a decent smother at the end which led to a Carlton goal.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
My PT is a mad Carlton fan and can't stand Dow, reckons he is a big bust along with O'Brien.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Spare a thought for the players like Dow who aren't in the side. It's going to be a hell of an uphill battle to get yourself elevated this season.
Just to check, this is Carlton we're talking about right? Bottom 4 for the last how many years Carlton?

Wonderland for them to get TWO off seasons to hype their team up in.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Can't wait for Carlton to lose faith by next season
The weird thing is they never do. They could finish bottom again and would still spend the next offseason raving on about the talent they have on every line.

Gotta say in Melbourne supporters favour, we learned to park our vehicles in the negativity long term bay a good while ago. It’s healthy

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Has anybody mentioned the post on the Carlton board looking at potential match-ups?

They had us down as three wins, and the rest were either clear Carlton wins or unknowns. McGovern clearly over Lever a highlight.
Outstanding ... gotta quote that in here for posterity

Headless

I have set myself a calendar reminder.
May 27, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
match-ups win/loss

May - Casboult ❓
Lever - McGovern ✔
McDonald - Mckay ✔
Harmes - Martin ✔
Hibberd - Cuningham ❌
Jetta - Betts❓

Gawn - Pittonet ❌
Oliver - Cripps ✔✔✔
Petracca - Curnow❓
Langdon - Walsh ✔
Viney - SPS❓
Tomlinson - Newnes❓

McDonald - Jones ✔
Weitering - Brown ✔✔✔✔✔
Neal-Bullen - Docherty ✔✔✔
Melksham - Plowman ❌
Fritsch - Simpson❓
Pickett - Newman ✔

Brayshaw - Murphy❓
spargo - Setterfield/Fisher ✔
Bedford - Dow/Gibbons ✔
Lockhart/Bennell - SOS ✔/❓

Guaranteed losses with Gawn Hibberd and melksham I’d say but the rest mostly wins. What we think??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dory_77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jones clearly wins his match up against TMAC. After all he only conceded 6 goals in 3 quarters on him last time.
Yeah but if it went for a full game Jones would've run off him in the last for 8 goals and 4 assists :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:.

The Viney SPS ? is also good, and the Newman win. He had about 12 turnovers in the first half of last game alone. He gets it a lot but that's a win for us given how much he can butcher the ball.

Grimesy87

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

I'm bending the rules here as this isn't on big footy, but there is something about reading this that is quite satisfying.

The Dr

Premiership Player
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
More LDU gold:

"LDU is going to be elite.

Times where he looked a class above everyone else out there"

I mean, he was fine. Did they see Trac at all?
I’ve got some Norf mates who say the same. I just don’t see it? Looks like he could be a solid mid in time but nothing screams star factor. I think they just want it to happen for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom