Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just to give everyone a little bit of a taster for the up coming "Loony Bin Christmas" also known as trade period, shout yourself a look at this one courtesy AFL Nuffies.

I'm disappointed Fyfe isn't involved in that Kelly-Hill swap with another 3rd rounder thrown in for good measure.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just to give everyone a little bit of a taster for the up coming "Loony Bin Christmas" also known as trade period, shout yourself a look at this one courtesy AFL Nuffies.

I read the Brad Hill and 17 for Tim Kelly and thought aye this guy seems fair and bala.... Oh * me sideways!

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

I love that page. The media nuffy bracket thing they have going is gold! They also repost a lot of work from this strange operator:
114514B8-80C8-4671-A822-5F38F761F4E2.jpeg

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I love that page. The media nuffy bracket thing they have going is gold! They also repost a lot of work from this strange operator:
View attachment 726935

Let me guess, the admin of this page is a saints supporter?

They don't even have a coach, i cant see them landing too many.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Let me guess, the admin of this page is a saints supporter?

They don't even have a coach, i cant see them landing too many.
Is it that obvious? He does a weekly Team of the Week, and there is always some random Saints player picked in there somewhere for his "dominant display in a tough loss"

He also loves to roll with "EXCLUSIVE" headlines, and proceed to regurgitate "news" that 3 other media outlets have already reported.

Perfect!

I also heard that Fyfe refuses to play at Freo next year and will only go to St Kilda, apparently saints to tell Freo they get what they are given when it comes to the trade.
Remember a few years back where Aints supporters were putting Fyfe in their best 22 for the following season?

Gold

Perfect!

I also heard that Fyfe refuses to play at Freo next year and will only go to St Kilda, apparently saints to tell Freo they get what they are given when it comes to the trade.
Yes?

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Swapped to Carlton for a future 4rnd pick, Newman has been an outstanding pick up for Carlton, especially given our severely undermanned backline against The Saints this afternoon

I might be biased, but I cannot think of a player who traded clubs in the last off-season that has proven to be valuable to their new club from a trade cost POV as Nix Newman for Carlton.

Happy to be proven wrong, but Newman has been a fabulous pick up for Carlton. Just so professional and disciplined

The above is the OP from an MB thread titled: ‘Nic Newman Moneyball Recruit of the Year?’ Newman has generally played well but lauding him some kind of trade coup seems a tad early.

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The above is the OP from an MB thread titled: ‘Nic Newman Moneyball Recruit of the Year?’ Newman has generally played well but lauding him some kind of trade coup seems a tad early.
Newman showed he could play at Sydney in his first year and then fell out of favour. Essentially got him for nothing so they did get a very good deal. Swans didn’t want to play him so couldn’t really ask for more.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am so ******* glad we beat them
Seem to recall Newman turning the ball over every time he touched it in that first quarter. We should’ve recruited him.
Newman showed he could play at Sydney in his first year and then fell out of favour. Essentially got him for nothing so they did get a very good deal. Swans didn’t want to play him so couldn’t really ask for more.
That’s fine but creating a main board thread is getting a bit carried away. There’s plenty of time to Carlton him yet.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know this thread is meant to be about the mental gymnastics of opposition supporters but the AFL deserves a shout out for this doozy:

Well played to the Pies, but Jesus Christ this administration could fall into a barrel of **** and still come up sucking a chode.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Just saving this one for later, for if and when we bring in Langdon for pick #20, old mate is going to be very upset ...
Langdon is a bit different but we should get something in the early teens if not top 10 for both.

And just to give this thread a bit of a kick along, this one has clearly slept through the last 5-10 trade periods, and thinks clubs actually have any control at all
if you add Langdon who will also be shopped around to the highest Victorian bidder out of his preferred club we may come out of this with a lot of surprises.

Back