Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
More LDU gold:

"LDU is going to be elite.

Times where he looked a class above everyone else out there"

I mean, he was fine. Did they see Trac at all?
He actually did look alright in a few patches, a lot better than previous games I've seen him in, but certainly not elite, closer to semi-competent.

A class above everyone out there ... Sparrow had a better game.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's kind of sad. North have that Dees Bailey/Neeld desperation about them.

Posts obssessing over future midfield rotations (Jy, TT, LDU, 1st rounder 2020). Pumping up average younger players. Talking about Brady Rawling their list manager as some kind of saviour who is going to lead them out of the promised land (even though nobody wants to go to North). Year after year failing to secure any big fish or even medium fish in the trade period.

oooft

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have Dumont in my SC team, he gets me lots of points, and I couldn't tell you what he does
I'll tell you what he does, and it epitomizes what the Roos do.

He kicks it 14.9 metres sideways or 1 degree forward of sideways, to a team mate wide out.

27 disposals yesterday, 299 metres gained and only 3 inside 50s. Sure he's tough enough, tackles alright but he's about as damaging as Matt crouch. (Also I'd say that yesterday would be close to a season high)

The tank is on according to the Norf fans.

Weird considering it was in their best interests to beat us

I've been wishing for over 30 years now and have had my dreams shattered constantly. Unsure if this is how the make a wish foundation works?

Yes.

It's the Make a Wish Foundation, not the Grant a Wish Foundation.

They keep giving me Goldust , I dont want Goldust

Gotta love how his "finisher" ended in him getting disqualified . 😂👍

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
The tank is on according to the Norf fans.

Weird considering it was in their best interests to beat us
I find his last quote harder to Believe. When ya get beat comfortably by 50 plus Points and think having no bench is an excuse yet we are Quote "aren't Going anywhere" lol sure north w***er

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Can we welcome an opposition coach?

Turns out poor old Matty no wins didn't hear in the media about Gawn being injured/in doubt.

Pull the other one Matthew.

The sad thing is it actually wouldn't surprise me that Nicks was so incompetent that he somehow didn't know that the star player on the opposition team was under an injury cloud.

So he's either a bad liar or an awful coach. Potentially both

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
The sad thing is it actually wouldn't surprise me that Nicks was so incompetent that he somehow didn't know that the star player on the opposition team was under an injury cloud.

So he's either a bad liar or an awful coach. Potentially both
I'd say both...

If you're an opposition coach, 100% you're scouting the other team,especially the captain and 3x all Australian.

More Adelaide fluff

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
And most coaches do this sort of stuff. We did it v Dangerfield with Vince several times, GWS tried with Bont this year/last year's final.

Viney did it to Ablett once when his shoulder was ****ed. I don't mind the exercise itself when within play. If you're out there you're fair game. It's when you start seeing players come 20 metres off their man to hit Gawn 50-100 metres behind the play. I don't think the Adelaide players should get any fines but surely the umps can pay a free.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney did it to Ablett once when his shoulder was f’ed. I don't mind the exercise itself when within play. If you're out there you're fair game. It's when you start seeing players come 20 metres off their man to hit Gawn 50-100 metres behind the play. I don't think the Adelaide players should get any fines but surely the umps can pay a free.
I think you're into it, there is a difference between playing hard footy and making someone earn every touch they get (Viney vs Ablett , GWS last year vs Bont) vs running 100m away from the ball to hit a bloke. There is literally no point having any more than 1 umpire watch the play from the centre square if the other 2 aren't gonna pay that s**t.

Ok GWS probably overstepped it a bit trying to rub Bonts eye lashes out.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

Mods we may need a "media personality says something without doing much research, sponsored by Mick Malthouse" thread.

Today's entry is big Terry. Don't usually find big Terry too bad, he's fairly passive and not overly outrageous.

But saying we stunted Sam's development after he spent last year fighting ankle, elbow and hip injuries- then bought him in and he was rubbish and clearly underdone.. might not be your best work Terry.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I could completely flip the argument. "Melbourne have done a fantastic job of managing Weideman's development, understanding that key positive forwards can take time. Their patience is now paying off."

I love how he references Hipwood too, who had been averaging exactly 1 goal a game until his 5 on the weekend. Recency bias from one good game.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I could completely flip the argument. "Melbourne have done a fantastic job of managing Weideman's development, understanding that key positive forwards can take time. Their patience is now paying off."

I love how he references Hipwood too, who had been averaging exactly 1 goal a game until his 5 on the weekend. Recency bias from one good game.
Haha so true, hipwood would be one of the most frustrating players on your team.

He's played 50 games more, he's had continuity with minimal injuries through his career. Credit to him that he's averaging 1.5 goals a game but he still only around mid 40s accuracy percentage the past 3 years.

Same could be said for weideman, but I'd be quietly confident by the time weideman hits 80 games, he will hopefully have a higher goal average than that.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

Mods we may need a "media personality says something without doing much research, sponsored by Mick Malthouse" thread.

Today's entry is big Terry. Don't usually find big Terry too bad, he's fairly passive and not overly outrageous.

But saying we stunted Sam's development after he spent last year fighting ankle, elbow and hip injuries- then bought him in and he was rubbish and clearly underdone.. might not be your best work Terry.
yeah i think they've actually handled him pretty well over the years. he was in and out of the team for a while to gain some experience and then he started to come on in 2018 which culminated in him having a great finals series. then we had the whole 2019 fitness debacle that didn't help anyone at the club and he had a couple of injuries on top of that. also he was obviously a skinny kid who needed to put on size. sometimes it can be hard to put on size and also try to keep it on while running your arse off trying to get fit enough to run out games. some guys just need a bit of time out to achieve this. probably why Hipwood is still built like a rake.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
yeah i think they've actually handled him pretty well over the years. he was in and out of the team for a while to gain some experience and then he started to come on in 2018 which culminated in him having a great finals series. then we had the whole 2019 fitness debacle that didn't help anyone at the club and he had a couple of injuries on top of that. also he was obviously a skinny kid who needed to put on size. sometimes it can be hard to put on size and also try to keep it on while running your arse off trying to get fit enough to run out games. some guys just need a bit of time out to achieve this. probably why Hipwood is still built like a rake.
Exactly right. He wasn't the only one last year with injuries and fitness worries in 2019. Playing him last year with those injuries would have been even more negligent.

Feel like he's building really well now, he's running to the right spots a lot more and has taken a lot more marks than he's spilt. He's hitting the scoreboard well and looks to be moving as well as any time in his career.

Really strange comments by Wallace.

Imagine if we played Weid in 2017/2018 over Hogan or Tmac who were vastly superior at the time and in-form

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Haha, geez that is not Terry's best work, drawing some seriously tenuous conclusions there and taking the simplest of simplistic views to a lot of factors - otherwise known as The Damien Barrett approach.

His consistency of games played last year had far more to do with injuries than it did with form. He played the first 6 for 5 goals, none in rounds 5 and 6, and was dropped until round 11, when I seem to remember he injured himself in the VFL for a week or two? But then played rounds 11 to 16 for 6 goals before injuring himself again, and missing the rest of the season. I think we can all agree it was a mistake not playing him earlier this season, and he was largely stitched up by having to play the preseason in the ruck, but to say his development has been stunted is quite absurd if you aren't watching training and scratch matches.

The comparison to Hipwood is also stupid, given he was gifted a tonne of early games due to Bris having a lack of options, not to mention that with Hipwood's height at 204cm, and his speed, he can be carried a bit easier than Weid at 195cm and the turning circle of a luxury yacht which he had early days while still recovery from a serious ankle injury.

Love the "Hipwood is younger too" comment ... not sure less than 3 months difference can really form that argument.

Back