Opposition Camp The Loony Bin - StKilda Recruiting All The Players Edition

Grimesy87

Team Captain
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Basically we had Jones on him on the wing but instead of playing on him he went to the back of the square and folded into defence while Salem or Hunt came off the back of the square

It was a monumental failure
I watched Jones sneaking off the back, it was bound to end up in failure.

Ah well, lucky we used our genuine star ruckman as a tagger.

That'll learn ya, Bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny Karate

All Australian
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just to give everyone a little bit of a taster for the up coming "Loony Bin Christmas" also known as trade period, shout yourself a look at this one courtesy AFL Nuffies.
I love that page. The media nuffy bracket thing they have going is gold! They also repost a lot of work from this strange operator:
114514B8-80C8-4671-A822-5F38F761F4E2.jpeg

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I love that page. The media nuffy bracket thing they have going is gold! They also repost a lot of work from this strange operator:
View attachment 726935
Let me guess, the admin of this page is a saints supporter?

They don't even have a coach, i cant see them landing too many.

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Let me guess, the admin of this page is a saints supporter?

They don't even have a coach, i cant see them landing too many.
Is it that obvious? He does a weekly Team of the Week, and there is always some random Saints player picked in there somewhere for his "dominant display in a tough loss"

He also loves to roll with "EXCLUSIVE" headlines, and proceed to regurgitate "news" that 3 other media outlets have already reported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Perfect!

I also heard that Fyfe refuses to play at Freo next year and will only go to St Kilda, apparently saints to tell Freo they get what they are given when it comes to the trade.
Remember a few years back where Aints supporters were putting Fyfe in their best 22 for the following season?

Gold

Johnny Karate

All Australian
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Swapped to Carlton for a future 4rnd pick, Newman has been an outstanding pick up for Carlton, especially given our severely undermanned backline against The Saints this afternoon

I might be biased, but I cannot think of a player who traded clubs in the last off-season that has proven to be valuable to their new club from a trade cost POV as Nix Newman for Carlton.

Happy to be proven wrong, but Newman has been a fabulous pick up for Carlton. Just so professional and disciplined
The above is the OP from an MB thread titled: ‘Nic Newman Moneyball Recruit of the Year?’ Newman has generally played well but lauding him some kind of trade coup seems a tad early.

Hotdees

All Australian
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
The above is the OP from an MB thread titled: ‘Nic Newman Moneyball Recruit of the Year?’ Newman has generally played well but lauding him some kind of trade coup seems a tad early.
Newman showed he could play at Sydney in his first year and then fell out of favour. Essentially got him for nothing so they did get a very good deal. Swans didn’t want to play him so couldn’t really ask for more.

Johnny Karate

All Australian
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am so ******* glad we beat them
Seem to recall Newman turning the ball over every time he touched it in that first quarter. We should’ve recruited him.
Newman showed he could play at Sydney in his first year and then fell out of favour. Essentially got him for nothing so they did get a very good deal. Swans didn’t want to play him so couldn’t really ask for more.
That’s fine but creating a main board thread is getting a bit carried away. There’s plenty of time to Carlton him yet.

Top Bottom