Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

There is one North poster over on that banter thread that needs to lighten the fu** up. I'm sure you have seen him stinking it up on the main board and know who it is.
I suspect I do.

Geelong supporters are bitter after learning Bennell will train with Melbourne.

Sonny Bonds is bitter after learning Bennell trained the house down at Melbourne over xmas, only to move to the Cat's before the season starts.

Go to the "under 25 best 22" thread on the main board.

North supporters saying they have under 25 talent to rival the bulldogs at the moment.

Crazy heightened loony behavior for all to see.
Yep. I saw that little exchange and it’s classic stuff. Reminds me of a few years back now when every offseason seemed to be dominated by St Kilda supporters writing lengthy essays everywhere about how they were certain to make the 8. The theory always involved the listing of about 5 young players that nobody had heard of because they had played about 3 AFL games between them and a certainty that they were all going to “take the next step”.

Any hypothesis about a team’s improvement that is predicated on multiple players that haven’t yet done anything all simultaneously ‘breaking out’ and becoming guns is unlikely to eventuate.

Yep. I saw that little exchange and it’s classic stuff. Reminds me of a few years back now when every offseason seemed to be dominated by St Kilda supporters writing lengthy essays everywhere about how they were certain to make the 8. The theory always involved the listing of about 5 young players that nobody had heard of because they had played about 3 AFL games between them and a certainty that they were all going to “take the next step”.

Any hypothesis about a team’s improvement that is predicated on multiple players that haven’t yet done anything all simultaneously ‘breaking out’ and becoming guns is unlikely to eventuate.
and never forget several of them adding Fyfe to their best 22 as his signing was imminent

And so he should have been. Anyone who can’t skoll a full beer has no place at the ‘G.

Don't wanna go full Jeff Kennett here but how modern Australia is it that it was 2 Sri Lankan appearing security guards asking a 120 kilo man to leave for drinking a cup of water with a splash of beer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't wanna go full Jeff Kennett here but how modern Australia is it that it was 2 Sri Lankan appearing security guards asking a 120 kilo man to leave for drinking a cup of water with a splash of beer.
Extreme pedancy mixed with a good helping of power trip. Being ejected used to mean something ... someone had to be getting seriously sloppy and then you'd see the yellow shirts in your periphery, but even then if they held it together they'd be safe. But most of the time they'd inevitably do one final stupid act (drop their pants, get into an altercation with the cops, etc.) and they'd be cheered off with the constabulary. It was part of the theatre. Now you just sit in silence and bemusement as 'security' randomly drag people out for seemingly no reason. Shame really, but as you said, fairly indicative of the direction the country is headed.

Last edited:
Extreme pendency mixed with a good helping of power trip. Being ejected used to mean something ... someone had to be getting seriously sloppy and then you'd see the yellow shirts in your periphery, but even then if they held it together they'd be safe. But most of the time they'd inevitably do one final stupid act (drop their pants, get into an altercation with the cops, etc.) and they'd be cheered off with the constabulary. It was part of the theatre. Now you just sit in silence and bemusement as 'security' randomly drag people out for seemingly no reason. Shame really, but as you said, fairly indicative of the direction the country is headed.
It looks more like the blokes are justifying pay checks by getting qoutas up than protecting anyone.

But yeah bloody oath, going to the stadiums used to be an experience, Bay 13 was folklore because the not so well off people had an area to go an enjoy themselves as much as the rich campaigners. But * having a section of people having a good time.

True. But there's rules and common sense application of rules. I hardly think throwing someone out of a sporting event for downing half a beer would be deemed common sense. Or it shouldn't be anyway.
Better question is do you think the guy would be disciplined for not doing it

Better question is do you think the guy would be disciplined for not doing it
Shouldn't be, but who knows. It's probably one of those ones where they'd expect security to use a modicum of common sense but leave it open for people to be ejected as easily as possible.

Two things occur about the behaviours and personnel of contracted security firms in Australia.

1.s**t pay and conditions
2. Ordinary staff abilities (the first two definitely linked)
3. s**t training

The entire industry is corrupt - right down to the organisations that provide the qualifications for licensing.

To be honest, over-reaction with patrons for minor matters is the least of our problems. Think about what happens in the event of a disaster where a terrorist or a random nutter decides to target a sports crowd. I never go to the G (or anywhere crowded these days) without noting escape routes and planning my own exit strategy.

Two things occur about the behaviours and personnel of contracted security firms in Australia.

3. s**t training

The entire industry is corrupt - right down to the organisations that provide the qualifications for licensing.

To be honest, over-reaction with patrons for minor matters is the least of our problems. Think about what happens in the event of a disaster where a terrorist or a random nutter decides to target a sports crowd. I never go to the G (or anywhere crowded these days) without noting escape routes and planning my own exit strategy.
Should be allright as long as the terrorists try and make a beer snake

3. s**t training

Meh those glorified bouncers would s**t themselves .

Meh those glorified bouncers would s**t themselves .
I had one try to tell me to leave for swaring, so I told him to * off and then the rest of the crowd around me started abusing him. He shat himself and let me stay. I wouldn’t call myself a scary looking bloke, hope that guy isn’t working Collingwood games lol

I had one try to tell me to leave for swaring, so I told him to fu** off and then the rest of the crowd around me started abusing him. He shat himself and let me stay. I wouldn’t call myself a scary looking bloke, hope that guy isn’t working Collingwood games lol

You had a guard try and evict you for swearing at a game?

WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back