Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

I for one am just about over the constant fapping for Treloar.
He's a good footballer but is being talked about as a Brownlow contender and best 10 in the comp.
Horribly overrated.
Wins his own ball yes and dashes away yes but it's any wonder their forward line is battling, he kicks in hope to nobody and watches it come back over his head with interest!
Collingwood love to boast about their midfield being contested players, but since Treloar arrived i don't think he's playing as contested as he was. The only inside mid that really goes after the footy as Adams and he's a flog

Collingwood love to boast about their midfield being contested players, but since Treloar arrived i don't think he's playing as contested as he was. The only inside mid that really goes after the footy as Adams and he's a flog
Yep, and Treloar bursting away from packs looks great but his entries into their fwd 50 are atrocious.
It's taken away from Pendles a bit who is a 100 times better user.

Overheard in public:
Collingwood have Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron and Ben Brown on the way because they were all Collingwood growing up.

Same guy tipped us tonight...

Overheard in public:
Collingwood have Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron and Ben Brown on the way because they were all Collingwood growing up.

Same guy tipped us tonight...
I'm still waiting for Judd

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
from youtube:

"Well done Viney, Vince and Melksham. You looked real tough wanting to push and shove when you were 20 points up. Go tigers!"

"could not have said it better myself. vince biggest flog out"

my response - "nah Rance is still the bigger flog for dog punching Watts in the back of the head in last years match."

than this bloke follows it up with this haha

"Tell me that when Melbourne has the best defender in the league."

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
from youtube:

"Well done Viney, Vince and Melksham. You looked real tough wanting to push and shove when you were 20 points up. Go tigers!"

"could not have said it better myself. vince biggest flog out"

my response - "nah Rance is still the bigger flog for dog punching Watts in the back of the head in last years match."

than this bloke follows it up with this haha

"Tell me that when Melbourne has the best defender in the league."

huh? on youtube? you guys argue on youtube as well?

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I generally avoid youtube comments but it was the most liked comment and just had to reply. some of their fans forget about last year.

I honestly didn't know that this was a thing? what videos do you guys comment on? this is the part of my life I have been dreading, the time where i am not on trend with technology.

Wow.

TBH, I've not left this board even to visit main board since yesterday. I'm pretty certain it would put me in a bad mood.

Losing winnable games does that for me.

Don't get me wrong, good on them for addressing the issues they had and they are certainly better than they were the last couple of years but who have the beaten?
West Coast in the wet?
Haha I personally still don't think they'll make the 8 and if that proves correct, the melts over there will be f****** epic considering they all think they are premiership bound!

still havent beaten anyone

Losing winnable games does that for me.

That's the way of both our teams. Always get up for the big games and lose to those below or equal to. The Demons anD Tigers not only share a home ground, but also a contemporary culture of doing this. Never go into a game with any reasonable confidence. But both clubs are on the way up as the dawks and cola are going down. the tide is turning mate.

That's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read.

Not one person on this board would be jealous of Melbourne. This is the team that still looks a middling team even though they've had roughly 30 1st round draft picks in the last 15 years. They should be like GWS, but they aren't even close. As for our game against them, we could play that Round 1 game 10x over & get a different result every time. That was their Grand Final, they'd set themselves for that game ever since we beat them a 2nd time last year. No one wants to be on the losing end of a 10yr streak.

Am I jealous of their young blokes, **** no. They got Oliver by trading a future pick.... Well, we have our own future pick this year courtesy of Hawthorn. Am I jealous of Petracca? **** no. Bloke looks likes the biggest downhill skier of all time & is all hype. I laugh every time the commentators wet their pants in excitement over him executing a simple kick or handball - it's ******* hilarious. People hang s**t on Paddy for not having a tank, Petracca would have the worst tank on that entire Melbourne list.

If we look at our own list, the only area we lack depth in is the midfield class, both inside & outside, as well as a 3rd tall defender type. Forward line & backline has plenty of depth.

I'm sick of all the doom & gloom. Melbourne have beaten us & Carlton. We have beaten Collingwood & Brisbane, while also leading for 3/4s of the games against West Coast (away) & Geelong. We are far from a finished product, but don't paint us that a team like Melbourne is better than us. They are sitting on exactly the same amount of wins & losses & in no way looked better than we have bar our s**t effort in round 1.

Look pretty on par tbh.

They're building nicely, no doubt. But they have 2 blue chip youngsters in Oliver and Hogan. Not 5.

Solid players won't cut it with the GWS monstrosity. That's why Salem and Tyson for Kelly wasn't worth it. And why we should thank our lucky stars Gresham fell into our lap (even tho Parish, Hopper & Kennedy weren't available). They can still add great players tho.

Petracca is a talent, but give me:
Kelly, Bontempelli, Cripps, Merrett, Lever, Heeney, Weitering, Oliver, Parish, Hopper, Kennedy, Gresham, Mills & McGrath.

And on par/close with with Acres, Fantasia, Weller, Steele, Taranto, Logue, Powell-Pepper, Florent, Simpkin, etc.

Vince and Jones will be cooked before they just make finals in 2018.

Melksham, Kennedy-Harris, Stretch, Watts, Neal-Bullen....

We add say, Rockcliff & Hopper and we'll fly past them (if they don't sort out their defence and/or recruit a superstar).

Melbourne can look incredible one week, but so can us, the Bombers and Freo.

How amazing are Collingwood and Brisbane? Never mind being ahead for three quarters of the game against GEELONG!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
How amazing are Collingwood and Brisbane? Never mind being ahead for three quarters of the game against GEELONG!
Haha, ahh ... those tears have actually made me feel better. They're still so damn bitter about Round 1 its brilliant. Worst thing for them is, when we see them again in Round 21, regardless of what has transpired over the course of our season, we'll have Gawn back, and we'll still be better than them.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

haha I love how they are adding Hopper and Rockcliff, Hopper won't be going anywhere.

Are both posts from the same person?

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

I need a PM link to this

edit - found it myself

Love how we're on par even though we beat them comfortably, yet when they were beating us despite being below us on the ladder they were ahead of us.

I have scaled back my rating of the Saints this year a lot (Had them borderline top 4 at the start of the year), they are STILL relying on Roo holding that forwardline together because Bruces 2015 was an anomaly, Membrey is a very limited 3rd tall and McCartin can't get on the park.

The Petracca comment is standard for the one eyed Saints supporters, they are desperate to justify not taking him at #1. I don't think they'd be feeling too good about Billings so far either, now Salem has finally been injury free he has gone past Billings this year.

Last edited:
Back