The Los Angeles clippers thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You need multiple championships to have the amount of soft-utensil gloryhunting bandwagoners that follow the Fakers or have someone of LeBum's ilk that attracts a huge number of dick riders to the team he plays for. I'm fine with the Clips being low key and not have insufferable casual know-nothing flogs proclaiming they bleed for the Clippers. In that sense Clipper's 'personality ' mirrors that of Kawhi's who's a no fuss down to earth elite player, he's made a great choice.

I'm still here!

It's a brilliant day to be a Clippers fan. More relevant than ever.

Kawhi one-upped Lebron at his own game. Delicious.

Line-up looks fantastic at the moment.
Signed players:
Kawhi Leonard,
Paul George,
Landry Shamet,
Ivica Zubac,
Patrick Beverley,
Lou Williams,
Montrezl Harrell,
Rodney McGruder
Maurice Harkless
JaMychal Green (just signed)

Some experts say they're a bit light on for big men, but I think on closer examination they have a ton of length and athleticism in the big man department if you look at wingspan and athleticism rather than just the listed height. Mo Harkless is insanely athletic and can play the 4 spot in my view He has serous quick jumping ability and is 6'9. Is a tremendous defender as well to add to the mix. Dont be fooled by the size of Montreal Harrell either. He's listed at 6'8 but has a 7'4 wingspan and is a legit big man. With Leonard having a ridiculous 7-3 wingspan as well the Clippers wsould have no problems guarding opposition bigs by any stretch.

JaMychal Green

Last edited:
Bev, PG and Kawhi are going to be amazing to watch defensively. Bring on the season opener
Harrell's also terrific on defence as well. Would have had the most hustle/effort plays in the nba last year. He can block shots too and with his 7-4 wingspan he plays like a super athletic 7 footer. Harkless is another great defender. Can match up on players in height from smalls to centres. Its been noted on plenty of the early previews that he played on the best wing player in defence often when on the court for the Blazers last year and with the clippers when him, George and Kawaii are on the court together he'll be on the the third best non point guard players. He's ridicuously athletic as well and can defend bigger players at 6-9, but with a giant leap. I think he'll start at the four in a starting five of Zubac, Kawaii, George, bev and him. With Harrell and Williams to dominate coming off the bench like they did last year. A closing the game unit of Williams, Leonard, PG, Harrell and either Zubac or Harkless or Green depending on match-ups will be super hard to stop late in games as well.

Last edited:
Harrell's also terrific on defence as well. Would have had the most hustle/effort plays in the nba last year. He can block shots too and with his 7-4 wingspan he plays like a super athletic 7 footer. Harkless is another great defender. Can match up on players in height from smalls to centres. Its been noted on plenty of the early previews that he played on the best wing player in defence often when on the court for the Blazers last year and with the clippers when him, George and Kawaii are on the court together he'll be on the the third best non point guard players. He's ridicuously athletic as well and can defend bigger players at 6-9, but with a giant leap. I think he'll start at the four in a starting five of Zubac, Kawaii, George, bev and him. With Harrell and Williams to dominate coming off the bench like they did last year. A closing the game unit of Williams, Leonard, PG, Harrell and either Zubac or Harkless or Green depending on match-ups will be super hard to stop late in games as well.
Great rundown. Have also ready plenty about Harkless’ defence which has me excited.

I still think however Sham will start at the 2. With Kawhi and PG on the floor, Doc will have him running the same routes as last season (similar plays he ran for Redick and Allen), and with a lesser defender there’s a chance he can seriously get off the leash. The dude is gonna be a seriously lethal shooter his whole career.

Harrell was a beast last season and I don’t think there is a player in the league that matches his energy on the court, both sides of the court.

What has me excited is there is plenty of versatility to mix and match these lineups to get the right fit in different situations. We are spoilt for choices offensively and defensively.

Go Clips.... Gritty af... Unlike the prima donna team you defeated.
Harkless surprised. Seriously underrated pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17-6 record, not much talk about how good we have been. Kawhi averaging 25-5-5 with a 50-40-90 too, no MVP talk and being left off plenty of people’s starters for the All Star game.

Tbf, I don’t mind the less hype. It’s just funny how it’s only good to get a headline out of us whenever s*** hits the fan

17-6 record, not much talk about how good we have been. Kawhi averaging 25-5-5 with a 50-40-90 too, no MVP talk and being left off plenty of people’s starters for the All Star game.

Tbf, I don’t mind the less hype. It’s just funny how it’s only good to get a headline out of us whenever s*** hits the fan

James is LeWorried about a kawhi match up imo

This thread needs a bump before tomorrow morning!

Expecting a deep rotation for Game 1, similar to Game 1 v the Jazz due to the lack of rest we have had.

Without both teams best players out, I'm thinking its going to be a tight one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back