The lost recordings of club songs

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, North Adelaide
Hey guys, currently there does not exist full versions of the Subiaco and Perth Demons club songs available online. There is a full version of the Subiaco song uploaded by the club's official channel, but it is at a noticeably lower quality than other versions available on YouTube. There is a high quality version, uploaded by CricketLegend2 on YouTube, but it unexpectedly cuts off after 1 minute 22 seconds. Then there is a version uploaded by Jack Anderson, which is a shortened remix of the song, with only one verse and chorus, plus some fake drums added in. There currently does not exist a full version of the song (2 verses and 4 choruses plus an intro and outro) in high quality anywhere on the internet. I have sent an email to the Subiaco Football Club using the address listed on their website explaining the situation, and am yet to get a response (although I only sent it a day ago). The Perth Demons song currently has two recordings. This one features two verses but the intro is cut and the song quickly fades out before the outro can begin. Then this one, which has both the intro and outro to the song present, but cuts the second verse and adds some really shitty fake drums (BE WARNED THAT THE VIDEO HAS A REALLY LOUD END SCREEN). It would be nice to have a full version including both verses as well as the intro and outro or at least a version like the second one but without the fake drums. Like before, I have contacted the club. So far, the email has been forwarded to a group of people who I assume work at the club. Third of all, there is an old East Fremantle song from 1985, which is present at the very start and end of the 1985 WAFL Grand Final replay. While the entire song is present in the video, I can't find a clean copy of the song anywhere, which doesn't help as there are a few unclear lines, or any sort of history on when the song was recorded/used. I have contacted the club, but haven't received any response.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I remember EF had a number of different club songs from the period circa 1980-1990 until settling on the current club song- "Cheer, Cheer the Blue & the White".

In the 83/84/85 Finals series they had a new club song probably as they had just changed from Old Easts to Sharks and the jumper design to blue & white hoops from their old style as well that went along the lines of- "We are the Blue & Whites, East Fremantle Sharks".
There was also the Dave Warner ditty that was around at that time as well- "EF is football".

Freezin an EF tragic might be able to help out here?

Last edited:

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeah, the song definetely goes "We are the Blue & Whites, East Fremantle Sharks". The whole song is present in the video at different times, but there's always the crowd in the background, or someone talking through the speakers. I've tried searching on YouTube, even google, but can't find a clean recording.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just a quick update. Subiaco sent me an email back saying the version they uploaded on their YouTube channel is the only one they have. For me, this just raises even more questions as I now have no idea where the CricketLegend2 version came from, and the Jack Anderson version is practically a remix of the full version in high quality, confirming that it does exist, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. If anyone knows the owner of the CricketLegend2 YouTube channel or knows how I can contact them, please let me know, as it is pretty much the only way I can find out where the high quality version of the song came from, why it cuts off at 1:22 and if the owner of the channel has a full version. It seems like it might be quite hard as there has been no channel activity for 9 years.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I have started a YouTube series on my channel with updates on trying to find the songs.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I have started a YouTube series on my channel with updates on trying to find the songs.

I would love to hear the full version of the SD song as these days all the WAFL clubs have all shortened them up to about 1 min tops.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hold up, the one-verse songs like Swan Districts and Claremont have longer versions?

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Hold up, the one-verse songs like Swan Districts and Claremont have longer versions?
Swans definitely have a longer version that used to be played in the 1980s when we won often, now pretty much they just play the start and lead up verse to the chorus. There was a instrumental mid part that had a bit of waa waa guitar and horns that was great and a back ground vocals "Were The Black and Whites".

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wow. I'm a Lions fan but Swans always had my favourite theme song. I'll try and do a bit of research if I can, possibly digging through footage of old games, if it's present in the background

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New video up now about the Swan Districts theme song. If anybody knows how I can contact the club (preferably via email) please let me know.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Okay, I found a highlights video of a Swans-Easts game in 2013. at 6:50 you can very clearly hear the instrumental portion of the song playing through the stadium speakers

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
With a bit of digging, I found the email for Swan Districts. I just got an email back saying they have the song and should be able to send it to me next Tuesday

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I just found out that Claremont have a longer version with an instrumental bit (Skip to 2:05:43)

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So, as far as I can tell (based off watching replays of games on YouTube) all the WAFL songs in the game AFL Evolution are current (they all last under a minute and have drums added in). Of the 9 clubs Claremont, Perth, South Freo, Subiaco, Swan Districts, and West Perth are known to have longer versions (then there's East Perth who have several recordings of their song). Of those 6, South Freo, Subiaco, and West Perth are the only ones who actually have those full versions available online (and hopefully Swan Districts soon). So currently, Claremont and Perth (we have most of Perth's song, it's just missing the intro and outro) are the ones I'm looking for. However, I've started wondering if East Freo and/or Peel have longer versions of their current songs, as it would make sense to go with the rest of them. Both the songs have the fake drums like all the other shortened versions, but I have not found any evidence to suggest there are longer versions. I doubt there is a longer version of either as 'cheer cheer the blue and the white' does have some form of second verse, and I doubt that they would repeat 'we are the thunder, football is the game' six times. However, I'm almost certain that there exists versions of those songs without the fake drums added in.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So, I wasn't able to find a full version of the Subiaco song in high quality, but using the clips available, I've edited them together to create this. As the outro is missing, I had to replace it with a fade-out but other than that, the whole song is there (2 verses, 5 choruses).

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So, Swan Districts have asked me to come pick it from their club office for $20. Unfortunately, I do not live anywhere near there, so I physically can't do that. I also don't know if it would be the right thing to post something on YouTube for free when people should be paying for it. However, I desperately want to hear the song, so I might email them asking if I can pay online and they can send an mp3 file. I'm still uncertain about if I should upload it or not.

UPDATE: I have asked if I'm able to pay online for them to send a file of the song, yet to get a response
UPDATE 2: They said it should be fine, I've paid and everything's good, however, they aren't able to send a file so I'm going to have to wait for them to send me a CD, which may take a while with Auspost being slowed down by Covid

Last edited:

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just found an archived page with a longer version of the current East Freo song and and an instrumental version. Still looking for the 1980's Sharks song but at least we know that all the clubs (except Peel) have known longer versions of their current songs. Will be posting on YT soon

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Someone sent me a full version of Claremont's song

And here are the East Freo songs

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Oh, and forgot to mention, a "Disco" version of Claremont's song

max_e

Draftee
Dec 18, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I've done a bit of digging for that East Freo song, and I've sent a few emails. The club apparently don't have it, nor the WAFC. I know that a couple of WAFL and SANFL clubs sold records with their theme song on it, wondering if the Sharks did so...

108CAM

Always Hunting For Lost Football Club Songs
May 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Draw FC, The Bye
Some other lost songs i'm looking for are the Brisbane Bears second song used from 1994 until 1996, The 1997 version of the Adelaide Crows song and the Woodville Warriors song
I've got 2 copies of the Bears song but they are both in the background of games and there's lots of noise.
I made this remaster of the 1997 Crows song however there is still some noise.

I also made this recreation of the Warriors song

And here's the Bears song in the background of a game

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Some other lost songs i'm looking for are the Brisbane Bears second song used from 1994 until 1996, The 1997 version of the Adelaide Crows song and the Woodville Warriors song
I've got 2 copies of the Bears song but they are both in the background of games and there's lots of noise.
I made this remaster of the 1997 Crows song however there is still some noise.

I also made this recreation of the Warriors song

And here's the Bears song in the background of a game

This thread is on the WAFL board, I would reccomend posting on one of these threads:

Jul 16, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey guys, currently there does not exist full versions of the Subiaco and Perth Demons club songs available online. There is a full version of the Subiaco song uploaded by the club's official channel, but it is at a noticeably lower quality than other versions available on YouTube. There is a high quality version, uploaded by CricketLegend2 on YouTube, but it unexpectedly cuts off after 1 minute 22 seconds. Then there is a version uploaded by Jack Anderson, which is a shortened remix of the song, with only one verse and chorus, plus some fake drums added in. There currently does not exist a full version of the song (2 verses and 4 choruses plus an intro and outro) in high quality anywhere on the internet. I have sent an email to the Subiaco Football Club using the address listed on their website explaining the situation, and am yet to get a response (although I only sent it a day ago). The Perth Demons song currently has two recordings. This one features two verses but the intro is cut and the song quickly fades out before the outro can begin. Then this one, which has both the intro and outro to the song present, but cuts the second verse and adds some really shitty fake drums (BE WARNED THAT THE VIDEO HAS A REALLY LOUD END SCREEN). It would be nice to have a full version including both verses as well as the intro and outro or at least a version like the second one but without the fake drums. Like before, I have contacted the club. So far, the email has been forwarded to a group of people who I assume work at the club. Third of all, there is an old East Fremantle song from 1985, which is present at the very start and end of the 1985 WAFL Grand Final replay. While the entire song is present in the video, I can't find a clean copy of the song anywhere, which doesn't help as there are a few unclear lines, or any sort of history on when the song was recorded/used. I have contacted the club, but haven't received any response.
Hey Nate,
This is ArgentinaFan76 from YT (I know my name is different on BigFooty)
I've emailed Perth and the WAFC for a copy but they don't have one

Back