Media The Love Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
In 1989 Matthias Roeingh AKA: Dr Motte held a peaceful demonstration in the city Berlin, billed as "The Love Parade" under the motto Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen. Translation: Peace (Disarmament) , Joy (Music) and Pancakes (fair food production/distribution). In actuality the event was nothing more than a lavish birthday party designed to cover costs at worst or best case scenario make a tidy little profit.

Whilst only 150 people attended the initial event, the movement grew and by 1999 the festival peaked with 1.5 million attendees. During this period no less than 50 wars were waged across the globe and equity in food distribution and production reached an all time low. And whilst it's fair to say that music definitely improved over the decade you can be sure as s**t the Germans had nothing to do with that.

So where is Matthias now? Driving around in a ******* Mercedes with a big bag of coke, eating overpriced fast food and an AK47 under the drivers seat.

Fast forward to 2018 and season 25 of the SFA saw it's own version of The Love Parade with a bunch of Kumbaya singing mother *ers preaching a better way and list quality. Judging you for the way you post, all the while lining their pockets with the promise of leadership roles and potential awards.

And here I sit at my table for one with a simple message:

Go * yourself and I'll see you on Purge night

This is a big turnaround from 'People Are Amazing'.

In 1989 Matthias Roeingh AKA: Dr Motte held a peaceful demonstration in the city Berlin, billed as "The Love Parade" under the motto Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen. Translation: Peace (Disarmament) , Joy (Music) and Pancakes (fair food production/distribution). In actuality the event was nothing more than a lavish birthday party designed to cover costs at worst or best case scenario make a tidy little profit.

Whilst only 150 people attended the initial event, the movement grew and by 1999 the festival peaked with 1.5 million attendees. During this period no less than 50 wars were waged across the globe and equity in food distribution and production reached an all time low. And whilst it's fair to say that music definitely improved over the decade you can be sure as s**t the Germans had nothing to do with that.

So where is Matthias now? Driving around in a ******* Mercedes with a big bag of coke, eating overpriced fast food and an AK47 under the drivers seat.

Fast forward to 2018 and season 25 of the SFA saw it's own version of The Love Parade with a bunch of Kumbaya singing mother ******s preaching a better way and list quality. Judging you for the way you post, all the while lining their pockets with the promise of leadership roles and potential awards.

Go **** yourself and I'll see you on Purge night

this is an audition tape to join the gumbies

may god have mercy on his soul

this is an audition tape to join the gumbies

may god have mercy on his soul
Geez mate - you're harsh. I would have suggested a lesser punishment, such as listening to the Fremantle club song for 3 hours......

Mate, agree 100%. You're coming around.

sad sad edit

shouldnt you be joining the rest of the wonders is their weekly pre-game kombucha enemas?

this is the last week you get to "enjoy" that before you're bundled out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fast forward to 2018 and season 25 of the SFA saw it's own version of The Love Parade with a bunch of Kumbaya singing mother ******s preaching a better way and list quality. Judging you for the way you post, all the while lining their pockets with the promise of leadership roles and potential awards.

Purge night. :thumbsu:

Good OP, I actually enjoyed it.

When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see the love parade.
Best. Song. Ever.

Dude... She has a gun. Just smile & nod...

The only chemical romance I care for is my love affair with various over the counter prescription drugs.

Huh? Isn't that song called Black Parade????
I figured Okey was being PC and cleverly referencing the thread title at the same time. Keep up TL.

You don't own any guns do you?

Well thank god that's over. After posting this I promised myself I wouldn't respond to anything for 24 hours. And Elton Johns Wig made it very difficult.

So the Idea for this article came from here:
Such a lovefest. You rookies should be at each other's throats rather than padding Mattynumbers' EKA credentials.

WE PAID FOR BLOOD!

But it also was inspired by clouds circle of the SFA villain diagram he posted in another thread which I can't find, and a comment he made about villains who are good at it and how few and far between they are. And also Tony Lyn15's Purge night thread. So I asked myself if I was evil what kind if villain would I be, and what kind of article would I write. Turns out I don't really have the stomach for it as I felt quite uncomfortable most of the day. I think I must of re-read it 15 times before I posted it and whilst it was well written and researched, I didn't truly believe the final message. And whilst there may be some truth sprinkled across the words the truth is the Round table threads have been a great read and a lot of fun to participate in.

Except for the Dr Motte part that's all true.

I don't apologies for writing this as it was a lot of fun and definitely took me out of my comfort zone. And I don't mind saying the way I tied in the whole Love Parade theme in was quite brilliant.I pushed the boundaries but didn't cross the line which is the hallmark of any good villain. I just have to remember next time I try my hand at evil not to be such a douche about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back