Game Day The Luke Jackson Cup - Round 20 Friday Night Footy vs Melbourne at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals begin early for both of us. Bit of weather around. A young tyro about to choose one club other another, while another has made the choice.

And then there's retro round.

1659053537582.png

Reckon the Dees have a point to prove so they'll get up by 14 points in a slog. But being retro round what will happen is that we'll get 50 points up in the second quarter only to lose, and I will shout some obscenities, tear up a Footy Record and storm out of the Ponsford Stand.

Last edited:

But being retro round what will happen is that we'll get 50 points up in the second quarter only to lose, and I will shout some obscenities, tear up a Footy Record and storm out of the Ponsford Stand.
i thought any mention of that game was strictly prohibited, am i right Paracleet?

absolutley massive game, i'm unsure on my productivity today leading into this tbh. part of me's concerned melbourne will use this as a springboard for the rest of the season and have a 6 goal win or maybe cruise to a 3 goal win in a low scoring affair, but i reckon this is gonna have a kick in it one way or the other. massive opportunity for someone, and the group in general to enter freo folklore

What uniform will Melbourne be wearing? I fear the lighter blue with red v and white shorts could look like a mess against our retro jumper with white panel on the back.

Man, what an absolutely massive game. This is the type of game where a win is talked about for years as the point a team really arrives.

Both teams with everything to play for, one to prove they are still in it this year, one to prove they aren’t just making up numbers. Listening to Ballas talk about THAT Sydney game where everyone was basically psychically linked is the what I want to see tonight.

If the guys win this game, the sky is the limit.

Man, what an absolutely massive game. This is the type of game where a win is talked about for years as the point a team really arrives.

Both teams with everything to play for, one to prove they are still in it this year, one to prove they aren’t just making up numbers. Listening to Ballas talk about THAT Sydney game where everyone was basically psychically linked is the what I want to see tonight.

If the guys win this game, the sky is the limit.
this has to be our biggest H/A game for a long long time. possibly biggest since the hawks game in tassie in 2015 (which we won't speak of further), or the port game in 2014 that decided who got in the top 4 that year. can 6pm come around quicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our form has been pretty bad for a while and its even worse in the wet.

I think even if the game is close for a bit, Melbourne by 30+, sorry ;(

How is the weather over there atm?

If it's going to be an absolute slop then not only do I not see us winning but I struggle to see how we kick more than 4 goals tonight.
raining a bit in the north/cbd area i think, meant to stop fairly soon. chance of more rain around 3/4pm but expected to finish before the game

Melbourne, unfortunately Petracca to tear us a new one!
Their midfield bats a bit deeper, and they have game changers in there

its been like a monsoon in the south. I can't see it stopping raining by the time of the game tbh.
hmm i'm SOR at the moment, must be in a dead spot for the weather as have copped very little rain this morning.
Sadly I'm not entirely sure that really matters all that much given the drainage at Optus
touche.

Melbourne have lost 5 of it's last 8 and are playing like a good ordinary team, they would need to improve to kick a winning score against us.
In my mind the Tigers have been in better form and they could only score 52 points against us.
The big problem for Freo has been our inability to score heavily and that won't get any easier on a sloppy Optus.
Freo by 7 points.

Melbourne have lost 5 of it's last 8 and are playing like a good ordinary team, they would need to improve to kick a winning score against us.
In my mind the Tigers have been in better form and they could only score 52 points against us.
The big problem for Freo has been our inability to score heavily and that won't get any easier on a sloppy Optus.
Freo by 7 points.
Sloptusᵀᴹ

didn't they have to replace a bunch of the turf there this week?
they replaced a bit of turf on the northern wing which has been horrific for about 2 months.

I think if JL has a fault with his coaching it’s perhaps the inability to recognise a change of game style is needed in wet conditions.

Obviously no guarantees it will be wet, but it will be slippery you’d imagine & tough underfoot. JL is very much a process based coach which I love about our team, but in these conditions there needs to be an element of effort based coaching.

Hopefully this has been part of the discussion in regards to a team effort approach & a real focus on pressuring the ball carrier at the contest & turning the ball over earlier to not allow Melbourne too many deep 50 entries.

🤞 us by 8 points & Ed Langdon to put at least 3 into row 8, so look out if your sitting near the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back