The Lycra appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We pop into Melissa for a protein and carb top up after a massive ride when we return from Kinglake.

I like Fas. I’m currently split on whether I’d prefer if he goes or not. It really is subject to whether we get Lynch.
King lake, my favorite climb around the Greater Melbourne area.

King lake, my favorite climb around the Greater Melbourne area.

Yeah, it’s a pretty decent climb, particularly with the hills leading to it from our starting location.

I do like the Dandenong’s though. The Crucifix is a decent run too!!!

Ricketts point more my style!

Did the nongs including The Wall once. It was a killer!

Haven’t done Ricketts. I’ll add it to bucket list.

The Wall is a campaigner of a climb, especially after doing 1 in 20 repeat 3 times, then Devils elbow with the extension, then the Wall 1.5 times (guy I was riding with is a stronger rider so I intercepted him. 52 kilometers of climbing that day.

I wonder if the Fas rides..

Sorry to derail.

Haven’t done Ricketts. I’ll add it to bucket list.

The Wall is a campaigner of a climb, especially after doing 1 in 20 repeat 3 times, then Devils elbow with the extension, then the Wall 1.5 times (guy I was riding with is a stronger rider so I intercepted him. 52 kilometers of climbing that day.

I wonder if the Fas rides..

Sorry to derail.

I was only joking about Ricketts. its barely a speed hump on Beach Road!!!

I knew the Wall would be hard (especially at the start) but nobody told me it was 7 kms long!!!!

I was only joking about Ricketts. its barely a speed hump on Beach Road!!!

I knew the Wall would be hard (especially at the start) but nobody told me it was 7 kms long!!!!

You’re comical...

That Ricketts point.. lol

First time I completed the Wall, I remember descending thinking the whole way down “when is this going to f’n end?” Steep descent, steep climb and the road was wet..

You’re comical...

That Ricketts point.. lol

First time I completed the Wall, I remember descending thinking the whole way down “when is this going to f’n end?” Steep descent, steep climb and the road was wet..

My first and only Dandenongs ride was starting and finishing in The Basin....up 1 in 20, down Perrins, up the Wall, up to Skyhigh for the obligitory photo...and then downhill all the way back down via Olinda and Sassafras and down the 1 in 20. Must get back there this summer if I can find mates willing to wait for me.

End of cycling talk!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back