FTA-TV The Magicians

Remove this Banner Ad

After being recruited to a secretive academy, a group of students discover that the magic they read about as children is very real-and more dangerous than they ever imagined.

2 Episodes in which i hope to watch in the next day or so.

It's just my opinion/theory but we know that there had been 39 previous timelines from the conversation between Q and Fogg. Perhaps the books take place in the 39th timeline while the tv show takes place in the 40th.

Without spoiling the books too much there is a lot of differences between them (naturally). In the books, Jane doesn't get killed by the beast and afterwards smashes the watch she uses to change time. Doing this could have created a 40th timeline parallel to the 39th, which was a successful timeline (Fogg wouldn't know this since he would assume another timeline would mean another failure, 39 deaths for Q).

In my mind it creates a neat excuse for the differences between show and book, whether it was intentionally meant to be interpreted that way or not.

Started Season 4 on Amazon Prime tonight. It's not really something you can binge watch, a tad too dark for that.

Margo is ******* awesome.

Has anyone finished this? I'm 10 episodes into season 5.

It's good, but just not the same without Quentin. He really was the one that tied everyone together. It was really nice the way they let Alice and Eliot see him off together, I had always wondered what would have happened if they let that thing grow. I think they would have been an interesting couple, or thruple, or whatever they call it.

Haven't loved the Penny/Julia thing at all though. Apart from the baby arc, given what happened earlier in the series. One thing I would say is that I really hope we get at least one same sex couple for the end given how much they've used LGBTIQ+ stuff in it. My pick is that Eliot dies and ends up spending eternity with Q.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave up at the end of season 3 IIRC but I have at times thought about going back to it.
Season 4 is better than 3 IMO. Season 5 so far is nice for closure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back