Competitions The Magpie's Nest 6 Week Summer Challenge - Information & Progress Log

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and if your trainer says s**t like "light weights high reps for toning", slap his fking ass back to the 70's for me.

Edit. Oh and go me! I am not going to be a physician anymore :D decided to follow my heart instead (so corny) I start straight in the last year of a new undergrad next year because i did all the basics already :) I am so happy - time to train the house down this sesh!

Potentially terrible career move though! Haha

Hope he/she writes up something simple! I am trying to do too advanced s**t and it has finally caught up with me, changing everything from diet to exercise for the final 3 weeks.

Don't worry Shellz, if you drink enough alcohol you will utilize the MEOS system and energy will be USED to metabolize alcohol instead of being produced.

(not srs, drink in moderation, stay safe)

Don't worry Shellz, if you drink enough alcohol you will utilize the MEOS system and energy will be USED to metabolize alcohol instead of being produced.

(not srs, drink in moderation, stay safe)

How much are we talking?

nerd.gif

Better effort this week. 1.3kg lost, hopefully never to be seen again.

Start Weight:- 76.00kg.
Week 1 Update:- 75.15kg.
Week 2 Update:- 75.35kg.
Week 3 Update:- 74.05kg.

80.8 Yeoowww!

I could put in a massive effort this week but it probably won't count for much. That 82kg mark for next Monday is looking unlikely.

Which means that my two week Keto will mess up everything. Ah well.

I'm gonna put some pics up around about next Monday. Kind of like a before shot for the final two weeks which will be my keto weeks.

Keep in mind though, I could fail dismally at the keto.

I'm gonna put some pics up around about next Monday. Kind of like a before shot for the final two weeks which will be my keto weeks.

Keep in mind though, I could fail dismally at the keto.

Do you have a sample daily intake? I just read up about it then and I'd be curious to see how you achieve it without getting totally sick of fatty foods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even. ate worse than I ever do (don't know why just went out for dinner nearly every night)but did gym every day, coupled with 3 1 hour footy sessions.

Do you have a sample daily intake? I just read up about it then and I'd be curious to see how you achieve it without getting totally sick of fatty foods
I do at home, yes. I'll copy it into here after work tonight. :thumbsu:

I'll be eating fish, eggs, chicken plus quite a bit of olive oil and flaxseed oil from memory. Not sure what else there is.

The good thing about it though, is that there are re-feeds on the weekend. So from Sunday through to Friday after lunch is Keto and from Friday afternoon through to Saturday night is a re-feed. Generally just pigging out a bit on the re-feed. On that Friday night I'll have pizza for tea and Saturday will be like a regular day - Weetbix, fruit, yoghurt, nuts, veggies etc.

How much are we talking?

nerd.gif

Lol don't worry about it, only chronic alcoholics uses the MEOS regularly, and even then its still only 1/5 of total alcohol consumed - using the MEOS for alcohol is not something you should aim for, it's main role is to deal with drugs, if you drink excess amounts of alcohol and take drugs (which can happen without you knowing it), the alcohol will be metabolized before the drugs - which may cause dosage to build up to fatal levels.

TLDR = I am a responsible nerd, so I am not telling. lol

Well done PremiumPies, always good to bounce back strong after a bad week!

Edit. Is anyone a type 1 diabetic? Want to have my insulin? I produce too much :p fuarrrrrr every time I have a small carb meal my i feel tired as.........

Oh and holy s**t we are at the half way mark!!

I've got the post stress flu so I'm struggling today. No gym. Just want to sleep

No use running yourself into the ground if you have the flu. That will just hurt you in the long run. Take it easy and get that sleep!

Sherrif,

Went home to get the keto up on here last night but found some mistakes. Still in the process of fixing it (mistakes were big!) but I'll have a sample day up ASAP.

Sherrif,

Went home to get the keto up on here last night but found some mistakes. Still in the process of fixing it (mistakes were big!) but I'll have a sample day up ASAP.

No worries! How effective is it for weight loss if you're combining it with regular medium intensity/long distance efforts? E.g. 60km bike rides or 10-12km runs

No worries! How effective is it for weight loss if you're combining it with regular medium intensity/long distance efforts? E.g. 60km bike rides or 10-12km runs
This is the first time I've done one, so I can't tell you for sure.

Going by my existing knowledge of fitness and dieting I'd assume very effective. How many times are you running and riding each week?

When I'm doing keto I plan on doing a 3.5km run each morning (decent pace, should take me 12-15 minutes) and a 10 minute ish run after my 45-60 minute workout each afternoon - five times a week. The other two will be total rest days.

Going by my existing knowledge of fitness and dieting I'd assume very effective. How many times are you running and riding each week?

It varies, but typically 4 days of running (7-10km at 5:00ish pace). That will overlap with 4 days of riding (30kph pace, anywhere between 15-60km rides). I have 2 rest days but not consecutive. Then I'm doing core work 3-4 times a week as well.

Feels amazing to be back in the swing of it... can't believe I let the exercise slide for so long. Sleeping better, feeling more energetic in the day. Yeewww!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back