The Majak Daw Medal for spuds who play career games v the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Colleagues, friends, fellow Dogs fans, post in this thread to nominate which spud in opposition colours will play above themselves for one week when matched up against us.

They will vie for the Majak, named in honour of that Sudanese Dan Currie who for one game decided he was Wayne Carey and amassed six goals from 10 scoring shots. Then has gone on to do nothing else and is just biding time until his delisting.

Idea shamelessly taken from our friends at Arden Street, fittingly. But we will do it better, much like Ballarat.

Last edited:

I nominate Luke McDonald. Was supposedly worth a top five pick, north got him at 8.

is a liability with the ball and defensively but just watch him deliver a tiny bit on the hype come Friday night

Well last round I would have nominated josh green

Make that any spud tall forward or any spud small goal sneak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Lukas Markovic or Mark Austin have anything to do with it?
God our backline used to be s**t.
Markovic mostly played forward that day IIRC (3 goals). Might have been Austin/Roughy/Young

Did Lukas Markovic or Mark Austin have anything to do with it?
God our backline used to be s**t.

I (for some reason) went back and looked at the stats for that game, and boy oh boy did it bring back some bad memories. Mark Austin, Lukas Markovic, Jason Tutt, Liam Jones, Christian Howard, Tom Young, Dylan Addison....So yeah, in hindsight it's no wonder Daw kicked 6

So this is about Spudology - the study of all things related to spuds, particularly how they have brief moments of frenetic life then quickly wither away to extinction.
Waite came first to mind but his season has been excellent thus far so difficult to categorize him as a one hit spud. Could have been Tarrant but he's pretty consistent these days. Must admit, Spudology wasn't one of my best subjects way back when, so I'm no authority.

Edit - this week Lindsay Thomas

For posterity

Matthew Robran. A serviceable but spuddish type

Career games 137; averaging 12.5 disposals and 0.8 goals.

His return in the 98 prelim against us was Carey like - a cool 20 and 6.

I read in a number of places Shaun Atley is supposed to be the next big thing. 30 touches off HB delivering into Waite and Petrie, Shane Biggs style?

Mind you, this thread is maybe not the place for it, but I can GUARANTEE that Ben Cunnington is now having 35 touches with 3 goals against us, instead of having the week off like he should be.

CAM PEDERSON.

SPUD LOOKED LIKE A DECENT PLAYER AGAINST US LAST YEAR.

Was going to say the same, he's looked great against us a couple of times actually.

Petrie to take 15 marks & kick 6+ this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back