The Majak Daw Medal for spuds who play career games v the Dogs

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I nominate Luke McDonald. Was supposedly worth a top five pick, north got him at 8.

is a liability with the ball and defensively but just watch him deliver a tiny bit on the hype come Friday night

This aged well.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Fair enough. I go the the North board sometimes and stop on the first post too.

You wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe, depending on the poster.

All boards have their share of morons.

Only three Freo players had 30% higher ratings than average.
Darcy [113v78] was off to a flyer with a snap goal out of a ruck contest and also smashed Astro :(
Jesse Hogan [94v58] strong performance with 62% higher than average!! Coming off a low base hehe
But I guess as he was rated highest I will give it to C Serong [122v81]. [Edit: Looked him up and he is an Inverloch boy who only played his first game in R4 this year which destroys my nomination. Boo. Maybe Jesse then]

1600646866226.png

Dogs Freo stats.jpg

Attachments

• Dogs Freo stats.pdf
    151.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Only three Freo players had 30% higher ratings than average.
Darcy [113v78] was off to a flyer with a snap goal out of a ruck contest and also smashed Astro :(
Jesse Hogan [94v58] strong performance with 62% higher than average!! Coming off a low base hehe
But I guess as he was rated highest I will give it to C Serong [122v81]. [Edit: Looked him up and he is an Inverloch boy who only played his first game in R4 this year which destroys my nomination. Boo. Maybe Jesse then]

View attachment 966704
View attachment 966713
To be honest though fos, none of those three are actually spuds.

To be honest though fos, none of those three are actually spuds.
Jesse has been spudding it up a bit?
There aren't going to be many weeks [hopefully] that a bona fide spud destroys us, so just pointing out who lifts their game against us for the record

This week 4 Saints players rated over 30% better than their average in the Hun

Ryder - 143 v 98
Howard - 122 v 69
Membrey - 115 v 70
Geary - 107 v 63

I don't know anything about Howard [604 metres gained!] but he looks like he has the edge to me, strong effort by Geary coming off a low base and snagged two goals

This week 4 Saints players rated over 30% better than their average in the Hun

Ryder - 143 v 98
Howard - 122 v 69
Membrey - 115 v 70
Geary - 107 v 63

I don't know anything about Howard [604 metres gained!] but he looks like he has the edge to me, strong effort by Geary coming off a low base and snagged two goals
Can we add Coffield to this thread? IDK if he's a spud but we made him look a million bucks yesterday.
All the bolded are good players so Geary is a shoo-in.

• Ryder has had a solid 250+ game career. Has been AA, won a B&F and represented Australia in the International Rules. We'd kill for a ruck like him right now even if he's 32.
  • Howard was outstanding yesterday, close to BoG. An astute pickup by the Saints. Would gladly swap Gardner and perhaps even Cordy for him.
  • I remember wanting us to draft Membrey in his draft year 2012. He went at pick 46 just before we picked up Hunter (FS) and Josh Prudden at picks 49-50. We chose Hrovat at pick 21 with our last pick before Membrey. Membrey has now played over 100 games and scored goals at a higher rate per game than Tory Dickson .
  • Coffield was a Dogs supporter growing up and was slow to get going in his first season (2018) but he's coming along quite nicely now and should end up playing 150-200 games. No fluke that he played well yesterday.
  • Jarryn Geary almost picks himself because of his given name. Admittedly he's their captain and has played 200+ games so he's no Majak but he's been a middle of the road, role-playing "club stalwart"for most of his career. He's also 32 and had never kicked a goal against us or in a final. Yesterday he kicked two!

Come on down, Jarryn!

All the bolded are good players so Geary is a shoo-in.

• Ryder has had a solid 250+ game career. Has been AA, won a B&F and represented Australia in the International Rules. We'd kill for a ruck like him right now even if he's 32.
  • Howard was outstanding yesterday, close to BoG. An astute pickup by the Saints. Would gladly swap Gardner and perhaps even Cordy for him.
  • I remember wanting us to draft Membrey in his draft year 2012. He went at pick 46 just before we picked up Hunter (FS) and Josh Prudden at picks 49-50. We chose Hrovat at pick 21 with our last pick before Membrey. Membrey has now played over 100 games and scored goals at a higher rate per game than Tory Dickson .
  • Coffield was a Dogs supporter growing up and was slow to get going in his first season (2018) but he's coming along quite nicely now and should end up playing 150-200 games. No fluke that he played well yesterday.
  • Jarryn Geary almost picks himself because of his given name. Admittedly he's their captain and has played 200+ games so he's no Majak but he's been a middle of the road, role-playing "club stalwart"for most of his career. He's also 32 and had never kicked a goal against us or in a final. Yesterday he kicked two!

Come on down, Jarryn!
Howard has foiled my system by averaging only 69 points a game if he is an astute pick up.
Do I get anything for second place?

No nominations this week, which is a good thing!
Looks like all their better players in the game are non - spuds.
Darcy Moore the only one in the team who was 30% better than average in the Hun points

1616368145742.png

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No nominations this week, which is a good thing!
Looks like all their better players in the game are non - spuds.
Darcy Moore the only one in the team who was 30% better than average in the Hun points

View attachment 1083122
Ollie Henry played a career best game against us. Unfortunately for him, Callum Brown's was the better performance.

Back