Remove this Banner Ad

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
Hope this is okay with the mods, but I thought one generic thread to put all newsworthy road accidents and associated criminal proceedings in would be a good idea.

Starting with this one that occurred outside Horsham early hours Thursday morning. A Firefly coach travelling from Melbourne to Adelaide slammed into the trailers of a B-Double that had somehow disconnected, killing the driver of the coach and injuring multiple passengers. Now the Truck drivers passenger has been arrested for drug offences relating to the incident..

Woman charged with drug offences after fatal Victorian bus crash
By Benjamin Ansell
1:52pm Jul 12, 2019

A passenger in a truck involved in an accident on a country Victorian highway, causing the death of a bus driver, has been charged with drug offences.

The B-double truck was travelling in front of the bus when its trailers dislodged, blocking the highway and causing the crash near Pimpinio, west of Horsham, about 2am yesterday.
The 36-year-old male truck driver from Murray Bridge was released pending further enquiries, police said.

His 22-year-old passenger, a woman from Murray Bridge, has been charged with drug trafficking, possession and use and is due to front Ararat Magistrates court later today.

Bus driver and father-of-three Emil Pich, 60, was killed and nine other people were injured when a bus carrying 45 tourists on an overnight trip from Adelaide to Melbourne smashed into truck trailers that came loose on Victoria’s Western Highway.
The bus was travelling behind a B-double – a truck with two joined trailers - along the highway near Banyena Road when the trailers came loose and blocked the lanes in both directions.

Police are still investigating the exact circumstances that resulted in the tragic crash.

Mr Pich’s son Rhys has paid tribute to his father on a Facebook post and said: “It feels like my heart has been smashed into a million pieces.”

“My father, my friend, a generous soul, you will always have a special place in the depths of my soul, our memories shared will be cherished for a lifetime and from the deepest depths of my heart you are forever loved,” he wrote.
“May your physical form rest while your spirit embarks on its next adventure."

''the drugs are yours ok the drugs are yours- youre a chick you wont do time'' *

allegedly*

Too many instances of too many drugs and truck accidents happening together.

* I know many drivers that dont need the stimulants to continue driving. The bad drivers make it harder for the good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back