News The man behind the 52: Shaun Rehn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shaun Rehn talks about joining the Crows' inaugural side, his troubles in 1995 and 1996, the two premierships and what it was like playing alongside Tony Modra.

Shaun Rehn talks about joining the Crows' inaugural side, his troubles in 1995 and 1996, the two premierships and what it was like playing alongside Tony Modra.

The big fella! Thanks for sharing :)

Nice puff piece but his AFC legacy will forever be tarnished in my mind when he went to the Hawks and sued the club.

Just not the done thing.

He had every right to sue. What kind of organisation puts a hard plate in the centre of the ground for ******* umpires. ******* dickheads. There's nothing personal in joining us in the action, it's just how it's done.

Nice puff piece but his AFC legacy will forever be tarnished in my mind when he went to the Hawks and sued the club.

Just not the done thing.

lol what

nah he shoulda just copped it on the chin for the good of the club - hope you have the same attitude if you hurt yourself at work through no fault of your own

He had every right to sue. What kind of organisation puts a hard plate in the centre of the ground for ******* umpires. ******* dickheads. There's nothing personal in joining us in the action, it's just how it's done.

That was the AFL, the AFC didn't put plates in the centre circle for the umps to bounce the ball on.

lol what

nah he shoulda just copped it on the chin for the good of the club - hope you have the same attitude if you hurt yourself at work through no fault of your own

It was also no fault of the AFC, the AFL had them at all the grounds.

Fair enough it was just legal maneuverings but sueing the club just doesn't sit right with me when the club couldn't do anything about it.

It was also no fault of the AFC, the AFL had them at all the grounds.

Fair enough it was just legal maneuverings but sueing the club just doesn't sit right with me when the club couldn't do anything about it.

It's still the AFC that sent him out into an unsafe workplace. Not that it matters, they're actually suing insurance companies.

Did they have bounce pads at all grounds? Thought that was a bit of an SANFL/Footy Park thing, like the old square posts.

Just the ones that didn't have cricket pitches I think. Pretty sure Potato Park at Geelong had one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great read, thanks.

Anyone know what the deal is with Rehn, is he a bit of a prick? He seems the perfect candidate to be our ruck coach with his brilliant playing career and experiences at other clubs - yet his coaching career dropped away.

Does he not want to coach or is he just not very good at it?

Great read, thanks.

Anyone know what the deal is with Rehn, is he a bit of a prick? He seems the perfect candidate to be our ruck coach with his brilliant playing career and experiences at other clubs - yet his coaching career dropped away.

I got the gist that he was a good coach, but spoke a bit and it wasn't particularly easy to listen to him talk.

Great read, thanks.

Wasn’t nick named Puss “sour puss” for nothing didn’t like to be challenged

Just not the done thing.

Man, you're gonna love it when the lawsuits from past players come after the club over the camp.

Man, you're gonna love it when the lawsuits from past players come after the club over the camp.

But at least the club "deserves" that, was a real dereliction of duty regarding player welfare.

The club couldn't remove the plate as the AFL installed them at all grounds.

In my mind there is a massive difference in your two examples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back