The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously big loss for spurs and you'd hope they have an adequate replacement waiting. What Poch did for Spurs was quite incredible. He turned the culture and onfield results around for the club, a massive overachivement given the little help he had from Levy in the transfer market.

I can tell Levy thought he had to act like Bayern and hastily sack a manager.
Sacking a manager that this point in the season never works.

The talk will be Ancellotti, Allegeri and Mourinho but really it's down to Eddie Howe and Tactics Timmy Sherwood.

Hollow support for the next few years until there's a new project worth believing in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe would jump at the first opportunity if Spurs came calling. He's taken Bournemouth as far as he can, they arent' breaking in to the top 6. His stock can only go down the longer he stays there, I reckon he'll go as soon as a good opportunity comes up and the Tottenham job would be a great one.

Must be why he has jumped at all the chances so far.

Moot anyway as it looks like it's going to be Mourinho.

Can someone point me to the part of the club statement where they acknowledge not spending a penny in the transfer market during 2018 as a significant contributor to the club’s form slump? Or nah let’s lump it all on the manager?

The odds of them signing a manager who can squeeze more juice out of the lemon than Poch is slim to none, this is a good result for Tottenham’s rivals, particularly if one of them (United?) ends up signing him.

If they get Jose it will probably work out well.
This could not be further from the truth unless conditions change drastically. Every year bar one under poch he has gone into the season with a spursy sort of conundrum that Mourinho would go ballistic at.

Season 1 - player mutiny
Season 2 - none and we are a title contender
Season 3 - no home stadium
Season 4 - no home stadium
Season 5 - no signings, no home stadium and half the squad with no pre season
Season 6 - Can't sell 5 or 6 players to start the regeneration of the squad

I only want Mourinho for the lols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back