Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Weird hill to die on Bojan.

1. Klopp had success elsewhere. Ole got Cardiff relegated and was coaching in Norway.

2. Liverpool bought him the players he needs. United have Ed Woodward.

I’m not even sold that Pochettino would fix United, he’d want to overhaul the defence and midfield just to start. AWB, Williams, Pogba, Fernandes the building blocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC

May 23, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well I am saying that Klopp was shit in his first season
We were 10th and too far back to qualify for CL when he took over. He managed to get us to the Europa League Final, but used the prem to heavily rotate and assess all the players he had before making decisions on selling them or not. I remember 1 game we had Danny Ward in goals, Brad Smith at LB, A midfield 4 of Ibe-Stewart-Chirivella-Ojo.

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
We were 10th and too far back to qualify for CL when he took over. He managed to get us to the Europa League Final, but used the prem to heavily rotate and assess all the players he had before making decisions on selling them or not. I remember 1 game we had Danny Ward in goals, Brad Smith at LB, A midfield 4 of Ibe-Stewart-Chirivella-Ojo.
Only 8 games had been played and you were 4 points off top 4...

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Remember how Klopp finished 8th in his first full season in the prem and then bought a whole bunch of good players?
Klopp finished 4th in his first full season. Bought Ox/Mo/Robbo for a grand total of 80 m in the following summer window.

Spare change really from under the couch.

PonsfordMagpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Assuming the ban is upheld, City will not be an attractive proposition for any new manager.

It will be difficult to rebuild quickly without CL football and the scrutiny that City will be facing from UEFA will be extreme.

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Assuming the ban is upheld, City will not be an attractive proposition for any new manager.

It will be difficult to rebuild quickly without CL football and the scrutiny that City will be facing from UEFA will be extreme.
All but maybe 4 managers in world football would love that job.

Top Bottom