Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I don't really care how good the A-League facilities are to be honest they're hardly relevant in a comparison between the elite clubs of the PL and League One.

I don't know how the A-League has come into this.

Who says she wants to get to the top of the men's game?
Actually, one of the French guys who’s moved here said the testing etc is far more professional than Ligue 1 apparently

Actually, one of the French guys who’s moved here said the testing etc is far more professional than Ligue 1 apparently

Ok? But again I'm not commenting on the A-League facilities, the discussion was about a rapidly improving start up club in AFC Wimbledon v Chelsea.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well a good example I can think of (even though it didn't work out in either case) was Marco Silva and Leonid Slutsky, both with CL experience coming to Hull to prove themselves in the English game. They didn't move straight across to CL teams, and as it turned out, with good reason.

And that's fine, but I think the point being made here is it could have been a pioneering opportunity for female managers. Imagine she turned their form around and had them promoted to the Championship next season, and that prompted a PL club to pick her up?

American Sports (surprisingly) are much more progressive when it comes to hiring women to be part of their coaching staff (even as assistants)

Honestly, its time the broader football community starts welcome up more opportunities for women to be part of the managerial system at pro male clubs (whatever division)

But unfortunately, it just feels like that in England, many fans (mostly male it has to be said) are probably not ready for that kind of progress (happy to be proven wrong though)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Brings back fond memories when I posted women’s football highlights and getting a “it’s hard to watch” response. If we had a joint top 50 goals of the 2020/21 season for men and woman’s football, at least 4 goals from that match would make the list.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Only Burnley and Newcastle have had less touches in the opposition box than spurs.

With Son, Kane, Dele, Bale, Lucas, Bergwijn, Lamela, Lo Celso and Ndombele all with attack first instincts that's pretty damning.

At least in Dyche's defence he's got workhorse first cattle in his squad and want those results.

Art is the last man standing on Mous bus.
Not even close. All our itk journos reporting positively.

It is the nitwits talking about new managers despite there being zero inkling we are thinking of needing one. He’s had 1 summer window - covid impacted no less. He should be given a second summer window at least.

This isn’t about who is for and against, I have abandoned our thread because I can’t bang my head against the wall anymore, too much ill informed crap spoken. We are playing poorly, this group has got an attacking manager sacked and now seemingly are trying to get a defensive one sacked too. Maybe they are the problem.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Not even close. All our itk journos reporting positively.

It is the nitwits talking about new managers despite there being zero inkling we are thinking of needing one. He’s had 1 summer window - covid impacted no less. He should be given a second summer window at least.

This isn’t about who is for and against, I have abandoned our thread because I can’t bang my head against the wall anymore, too much ill informed crap spoken. We are playing poorly, this group has got an attacking manager sacked and now seemingly are trying to get a defensive one sacked too. Maybe they are the problem.
Its going to be interesting whos right in the end, you or everyone else.

You are a rare breed as an ultra positive Spurs supporter.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

A lot cheaper to replace Mou than turn an attacking squad into one suited to sitting back and countering.

Also interesting change in tune from Mou if he's hanging the squad out to dry for not suiting him. He convinced levy he had spent his time away from the game adapting his style and the squad was better than the United squad he won the EL with

A generation of September footy makes it hard to view life through a depressed prism.

Not even arguing everything at odds with them, results need to improve and need to stop being petrified of making mistakes and try and attack some more.

Moot anyway, no change is incoming

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
A generation of September footy makes it hard to view life through a depressed prism.

Not even arguing everything at odds with them, results need to improve and need to stop being petrified of making mistakes and try and attack some more.

Moot anyway, no change is incoming
Fair enough mate, that really goes against the grain of your typical Spurs supporter.

I guess it would be like me going into Doggies games with the same optimism as Chelsea games. Not going to happen haha.

I dont think he hates England, hes work in London a few times as a merchant banker.

It was more our fans not taking to Sarri-ball and the Juve job becoming available.
Fair enough, reckon he’d be a good choice, he’d be the antithesis of Mourinho.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I dont think he hates England, hes work in London a few times as a merchant banker.

It was more our fans not taking to Sarri-ball and the Juve job becoming available.
Not sure we have a squad that suits his needs. Would require a decent investment in the playing squad

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
The Bundesliga's worst kept secret is no longer a secret.

Rose as BVB head trainer next year

Actually more excited about René Marić to be honest. Amazing tactician and great at communicating to the punters on social media

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Klopp stepped down from Dortmund when he needed a break. I think he will leave Liverpool soon..
Gerrard would likely be a favourite to replace him.

Rangers might then look at Eddie Howe or Lampard.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Klopp stepped down from Dortmund when he needed a break. I think he will leave Liverpool soon..
Gerrard would likely be a favourite to replace him.

Rangers might then look at Eddie Howe or Lampard.

The pressure on him will be nothing short of monumental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back