West Ham - Big Sam
West Brom - Hodgeson
Palace - Pardew

Now:

Everton - Big Sam
West Ham - Moyes
West Brom - Pardew
Palace - Hodgeson

Now that's what I call a Manager Merry-Go-Round.

Moyes has been at Everton + West Ham
Sam has been at West Ham + Palace + Everton
Hodgson has been at West Brom + Palace
Pardew has been at Palace + West Ham + West Brom
Pulis has been at Palace + West Brom

It's getting silly.

Moyes has been at Everton + West Ham
Sam has been at West Ham + Palace + Everton
Hodgson has been at West Brom + Palace
Pardew has been at Palace + West Ham + West Brom
Pulis has been at Palace + West Brom

It's getting silly.

All this talk about a lack of desire for British managers.

Correction: There is a desire for them, just the same old guard that has been rotated whenever teams are in trouble.

There's Graham Potter in Sweden, taking Ostersunds from the 4th tier to the 1st, and looks to be contending for Europe next season, yet no one wants to give him a chance. (I honestly wouldn't have minded.)

That does remind me. I do know of a book by Rory Smith called Mister that does highlight what happens to English managers when they try to go abroad to make a name for themselves, but find that they are forgotten men, despite their achievements, to the point where they need a specalised group for help on the matter, since The FA offers them none.

It does seem the only way to make the PL as a young British manager is with a Championship club that gets promoted, and even then, your value is fleeting.

The Merry Go Round filing the pockets of the usual suspects. Meanwhile Sean Dyche has Burnley into 6th place (above Spurs) playing great football.

Last edited:
The Merry Go Round filing the pockets of the usual suspects. Meanwhile Sean Dyche has Burnley into 6th place (above Spurs) place playing great football.

He's a curious one. I'm actually not sure if it's a case of clubs not going after him, or Dyche rejecting it.

Just because Everton/West Ham is a more prestigious club, if you fail to get Everton up, you'll not only be back to where you once came, but you pretty much red list yourself.

He's also loved by Burnley, and he's taking them far. That to me is far more rewarding.

Besides, Everton/West Ham/Leicester at their point in time are not exactly 'relegation' immune. Best of the rest is really the best one could do.

If you want to be going places, it's Top 6 or focus on getting your club in places it has no business in being. Rodgers did it right.

Why give up a place where you are their god and accomplishing things that the so called 2nd tier clubs would do any way?

The fact that Big Sam is coming to Everton should be enough to suggest that they are no different to the chasing pack.

He's a curious one. I'm actually not sure if it's a case of clubs not going after him, or Dyche rejecting it.

Just because Everton/West Ham is a more prestigious club, if you fail to get Everton up, you'll not only be back to where you once came, but you pretty much red list yourself.

He's also loved by Burnley, and he's taking them far. That to me is far more rewarding.

Besides, Everton/West Ham/Leicester at their point in time are not exactly 'relegation' immune. Best of the rest is really the best one could do.

If you want to be going places, it's Top 6 or focus on getting your club in places it has no business in being. Rodgers did it right.

Why give up a place where you are their god and accomplishing things that the so called 2nd tier clubs would do any way?

The fact that Big Sam is coming to Everton should be enough to suggest that they are no different to the chasing pack.

I think BFS to Everton is the understandable reaction to possible relegation. Same as Pardy to West Brom. The clubs recognise that survival in the EPL is worth the 'all in' strategy. I think we are a couple of weeks away from Sparky getting the rocket and Pulis going back to Stoke.

But I was very surprised that Everton didn't go for Dyche. It seemed like a natural fit. His teams are organised and hard working, but realistically he can't take Burnley into the top 4. Compared to Everton + investors + new ground + Dyche = Champions League.

Pardew is not someone who keeps clubs up. He has never been a good manager.

Everton management is meant to be a mess. In the offseason three different groups had transfer targets. They were Moshiri, the Leicester guy and Koeman.
He kept toon and palace up. He just can't sustain it.

I think BFS to Everton is the understandable reaction to possible relegation. Same as Pardy to West Brom. The clubs recognise that survival in the EPL is worth the 'all in' strategy. I think we are a couple of weeks away from Sparky getting the rocket and Pulis going back to Stoke.

But I was very surprised that Everton didn't go for Dyche. It seemed like a natural fit. His teams are organised and hard working, but realistically he can't take Burnley into the top 4. Compared to Everton + investors + new ground + Dyche = Champions League.

Good god... and that actually is a decent chance of happening.

But is it, though? Dyche's biggest mystery is how he would perform with a budget. He prides himself in squeezing out results with shoestring budgets. He's definately worth a shot, mind.

I'm still of the opinion that Dyche likely rejected Everton than Everton not even thinking about Dyche.

Pardew is not someone who keeps clubs up. He has never been a good manager.

Everton management is meant to be a mess. In the offseason three different groups had transfer targets. They were Moshiri, the Leicester guy and Koeman.

I was meant to say... West Brom's chances of survival actually increase under Pards... at least for the 1st season, where he'll take them to Top 10 or something silly like that (Darn tight midtable battles).

2nd season onwards however... we'll see Pards' true nature come out yet again.

Good god... and that actually is a decent chance of happening.

But is it, though? Dyche's biggest mystery is how he would perform with a budget. He prides himself in squeezing out results with shoestring budgets. He's definately worth a shot, mind.

I'm still of the opinion that Dyche likely rejected Everton than Everton not even thinking about Dyche.

I was meant to say... West Brom's chances of survival actually increase under Pards... at least for the 1st season, where he'll take them to Top 10 or something silly like that (Darn tight midtable battles).

2nd season onwards however... we'll see Pards' true nature come out yet again.
Dyche operating without a budget is a myth. They got promoted the second time after spending big on Gray, and they've spent a competitive amount this season. Sure they're over performing, but talk of Dyche working on a tight budget is inaccurate imo.

Dyche operating without a budget is a myth. They got promoted the second time after spending big on Gray, and they've spent a competitive amount this season. Sure they're over performing, but talk of Dyche working on a tight budget is inaccurate imo.

If I recall correctly, I think we briefly looked at their numbers, wondering where did their money go as well.

They money they spent in the Championship was the money they got from the PL. Money they should've spent trying to stay up the first time! It was due.

I think in comparative terms, Everton or Leicester is a big step up in how much the owners are willing to give to fulfil their ambitions.

Then again, let's be honest, if Dyche went to a bigger club, he can't hide behind his favourite 'lack of pound notes' excuse, and then he will be exposed!

If I recall correctly, I think we briefly looked at their numbers, wondering where did their money go as well.

They money they spent in the Championship was the money they got from the PL. Money they should've spent trying to stay up the first time! It was due.

I think in comparative terms, Everton or Leicester is a big step up in how much the owners are willing to give to fulfil their ambitions.

Then again, let's be honest, if Dyche went to a bigger club, he can't hide behind his favourite 'lack of pound notes' excuse, and then he will be exposed!
They spend most of their money on infrastructure as more clubs should, doesn't mean dyche didn't have a couple of million to throw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back