The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez would have short leash being already chased out of Everton by their fans just five years ago and in their current state. Too much to lose. Plus would think he’d want a shot at WC.

Rooney it is then.

One thing I’ll say about Martinez is he was the last Everton manager before we got money. His 5th place finish was largely due to loans.

Defence is suspect obviously and many believe he should have done better with Belgium but I also think country football can be hit & miss, even with talent.

I’d take him over Rafa every day but we aren’t “moving forward” if we appoint Martinez. It’s a sideways/downgrade and shows little ambition.

No clue who you actually get though, no chance Potter leaves and Lampard/Rooney are major risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I’ll say about Martinez is he was the last Everton manager before we got money. His 5th place finish was largely due to loans.

Defence is suspect obviously and many believe he should have done better with Belgium but I also think country football can be hit & miss, even with talent.

I’d take him over Rafa every day but we aren’t “moving forward” if we appoint Martinez. It’s a sideways/downgrade and shows little ambition.

No clue who you actually get though, no chance Potter leaves and Lampard/Rooney are major risks.
He also had back to back years of 11th, one where we had Europa, one where we did not.

He also had back to back years of 11th, one where we had Europa, one where we did not.
I think I’d take 11th right now but obviously the man had flaws, no doubt.

I’d personally take him over Rooney/Dunc but that’s not saying much. Would love Potter but not happening.

Too early for Rooney, he’s doing well under the circumstances but that doesn’t mean he’s made it or will make it.

Martinez would be a sideways step, I think he’ll have learned a lot as it was his lack of focus on defence that cost him.

No other clear standouts, but the decision can’t be rushed. I’d give it to big Dunc for the rest of the season and then see from there. Prove himself and he may get the job, otherwise we have time to get finances in order, clear the deadwood like Delph & Tosun soaking up our wages etc and see where we will be at financially and who we could attract.

At least the current squad will fight for Dunc, if only out of fear of him beating the piss out of them.

Too early for Rooney, he’s doing well under the circumstances but that doesn’t mean he’s made it or will make it.

Martinez would be a sideways step, I think he’ll have learned a lot as it was his lack of focus on defence that cost him.

No other clear standouts, but the decision can’t be rushed. I’d give it to big Dunc for the rest of the season and then see from there. Prove himself and he may get the job, otherwise we have time to get finances in order, clear the deadwood like Delph & Tosun soaking up our wages etc and see where we will be at financially and who we could attract.

At least the current squad will fight for Dunc, if only out of fear of him beating the piss out of them.

If Dunc flops you'll be relegated. You're not in a position to make a symbolic appointment.

He wants to wait until next season so he can get a preseason and transfer window done before his first game in charge.
Good idea..EFL are tough comps

Sky Sports News understands that Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard are two of the names under consideration to replace Benitez. Also on the list are former manager Roberto Martinez, Brighton boss Graham Potter, Rudi Garcia, and Duncan Ferguson until the end of the season.
Potter is understood to be very happy at Brighton and is not currently interested in talking to Everton.

In 2017 Potter was in charge of Ostersund in Sweden.
Everton finished 7th in the PL, under Koeman.

How times have changed.

If Dunc flops you'll be relegated. You're not in a position to make a symbolic appointment.

If a new manager flops, we could be relegated. It’s not a symbolic appointment like Rooney would be

It’s amazing that Everton sacked Rafa when Keane decided to play striker for Norwich and who knows what Pickford was doing for the second. Pick the ******* ball up son.

If a new manager flops, we could be relegated. It’s not a symbolic appointment like Rooney would be

Yeah so reckon appointing Duncan because he's an Evertonian wouldn't be the right move. At least Rooney has runs on the board keeping a side up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back