The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid don’t care who they step on to get their own way, even when it’s their own country.

Madrid don’t care who they step on to get their own way, even when it’s their own country.
Not their fault, they're entitled to look after their affairs.
The Spanish FA are disgraceful

Absolute butttthurtt decision this one

Players wanted him to coach the tournament still
This. No reason he had to be sacked.
That said the squad hast a lot of Barca and Madrid players in it so they'd be used to manager upheaval. Shouldn't affect them as much as it would other nations.

Bet there's Barca influence involved. Don't want the coach having first hand access and viability on their players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was absolutely the right call. how can you be focused fully on the wc knowing the announcement of the rm job just ramped up the pressure tenfold?

stupid from both he and madrid

Really? Other managers have gone to tournaments with club jobs hanging over them haven't they? LvG with United, Conte at Euros with Chelsea off the top of my head.

Really? Other managers have gone to tournaments with club jobs hanging over them haven't they? LvG with United, Conte at Euros with Chelsea off the top of my head.
they havent had their club president call up their respective fa's 5 mins before the announcement of him as manager, and for lopetegui to reportedly only tell the fa himself the next day at training. for it to have been done and announced while the team was in russia just a few days before the first game was absolutely stupid.

madrid didn't have to make the announcement until spain's participation was done with.

I thought we signed LvG after the tournament.

they havent had their club president call up their respective fa's 5 mins before the announcement of him as manager, and for lopetegui to reportedly only tell the fa himself the next day at training. for it to have been done and announced while the team was in russia just a few days before the first game was absolutely stupid.

madrid didn't have to make the announcement until spain's participation was done with.

Tend to agree. Lopetegui said it was "the saddest day of his life" but hard to feel sorry for the bloke given he signed a new contract just last month (granted the RM job probably wasn't available when he signed the deal); and really should have been fully focused on the WC campaign (and not entertaining negotiations that take his focus and attention elsewhere in the last few days before the tournament started) given that is his foremost duty as a national team manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back