The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Poch was to go to united after signing a new deal when Madrid and Chelsea wanted him in the summer it’d be a massive get for united and proof despite hiring 3 bad choices they’re still a superpower

Don't think so, and even then it's a bit different to moving between two Top 6 clubs I would think.
Just checked wiki and he joined at the end of May.

This coming transfer window may help Poch make up his mind, need to give him the signings he needs to start winning stuff or whats the point in him staying.

The expense and rarity of it.

United are at the point where the cost of Poch doesn’t matter if he can stop the slide. He’s worth more to them over 3-4-5 seasons than paying £40/£50m to get him now.

They are bleeding compensation and terrible transfers.

Think about it this way; United convince Poch to leave Tottenham in January, this throws the team currently in 3rd in to disaray, he manages to get united functioning again and moves them into the top 4 and back into the Champions League....win win.

I think the hardest part is convincing him to leave, they are going to have to Sell it hard.

Pochettino may eventually end up at United, but I don't really see why now is the time. They've sacked three managers in five years and don't seem to have any organisational stability whatsoever. He's onto a good thing at Spurs, why wouldn't he see at least a season through at the new stadium? Hiring Solksjaer and Phelan as a duo really shows where that club is right now. The Fergie days and the class of 92 really aren't coming back. Either you hire a serial recent winner like Pep or Zidane, or you keep on throwing money at managers with various different philosophies in the hope that 'the United way' will return.

United are at the point where the cost of Poch doesn’t matter if he can stop the slide. He’s worth more to them over 3-4-5 seasons than paying £40/£50m to get him now.

Think about it this way; United convince Poch to leave Tottenham in January, this throws the team currently in 3rd in to disaray, he manages to get united functioning again and moves them into the top 4 and back into the Champions League....win win.

I think the hardest part is convincing him to leave, they are going to have to Sell it hard.
I'm just not sure what it is they can sell to him beyond the piles of money that Madrid will also have flashed in front of him six months ago. It's not like they can claim to be any more loyal to their managers than Real, given the fact Moyes' initial contract still has a year and a half to run.

They've got solskar for the season so it's moot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not sure what it is they can sell to him beyond the piles of money that Madrid will also have flashed in front of him six months ago. It's not like they can claim to be any more loyal to their managers than Real, given the fact Moyes' initial contract still has a year and a half to run.

Maybe the little boy inside him covets United.

It is very difficult to hire top class managers mid season. We got lucky with Klopp as he couldn't take Dortmund any further and had decided to take a season off out of the game. When we came calling mid season he was unable to resist but managers like Klopp are not usually out of a job for long.

Solskjaer at the least should boost morale and help the squad forget about Mou. Many players will pick up their game simply because Mou is gone and they are happier. Top 4 isn't out of the question yet for them.

I just struggle too see what United could offer that would see Levy rip up Pochs contract and hand him over to a major rival

Not even worried. He’ll leave us for Madrid at some point, just not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back