Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
fair enough too. he's spurs manager, and they're there to talk about spurs and their upcoming game(s). united currently have a manager. journalists to forget that they have tremendous access and opportunity to gain insight from brilliant managers, but descend into the footballing version of 'will you take us to mt splashmore'

Its something that they are going to have to learn to deal with this season as hes going to be hounded about it at most press conferences.
Learn? The same happened as LVG’s tenure was too all and sundry a mere formality to end.
Same has happened with Kane Re: leaving.

I think they’re used to the press’ disrespect, and it was great to see the press manager put the foot down and insist questions be about Everton.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Learn? The same happened as LVG’s tenure was too all and sundry a mere formality to end.
Same has happened with Kane Re: leaving.

I think they’re used to the press’ disrespect, and it was great to see the press manager put the foot down and insist questions be about Everton.

It may be a bit more full on this time around though(Mou was always the fav for the United job last time), they have made to good first step. Take no bullshit.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Would Marcelo Bielsa be a good option for Utd?

We wasn’t exactly far off under Redknapp - 4th-6th instead of 2nd/3rd that we are now. We aren’t going anywhere mate the club is about to move into one of the best stadiums in Europe and we are sitting on a fortune of talent in our squad.
Moving from the Everton, 1/3 of the way down the table, to where Spurs are now is a bigger jump than going form the relegation positions to "Everton level".

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool

Reminded me of an interview after a Liverpool game where an interview being held with Coutinho and AOC and the interviewer asked coutinho if he was going to Barca. Coutinho looked at ox awkwardly and ox told the journalist that Coutinho is still a Liverpool player and he won’t be answering any questions on that or something to that effect. I just knew that after seeing that he was gone

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Some lovely football from United this morning.

They should just sign OGS up on a permanent deal now.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Reminded me of an interview after a Liverpool game where an interview being held with Coutinho and AOC and the interviewer asked coutinho if he was going to Barca. Coutinho looked at ox awkwardly and ox told the journalist that Coutinho is still a Liverpool player and he won’t be answering any questions on that or something to that effect. I just knew that after seeing that he was gone

Also reminds me of the time last season when we pretty much said the exact same thing to journos when they asked about the Madrid job, before Pochettino later signed a 5 year contract.

Some lovely football from United this morning.

They should just sign OGS up on a permanent deal now.

Pretty sure we won our first game and convincingly under Moyes.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think losing Poch could dictate whether you lose other top stars. If you lose Kane, Ali and Eriksen then suddenly you start to go backwards quickly. Spurs arent exactly a destination club for big names either. Even with Poch and how well you have traveled over the past few years, you still havent been able to make any big signings.

I’ll bite, but before I do.

Is Liverpool a destination for big names? Clearly of late, Liverpool has been a feeder club for the “destination clubs”.

Very hard to see someone like Levy let Poch, Kane, Ali and Eriksen go at the same time. You are correct if we lose all 4 were in trouble, though that’s a fairly obvious statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I’ll bite, but before I do.

Is Liverpool a destination for big names? Clearly of late, Liverpool has been a feeder club for the “destination clubs”.

Very hard to see someone like Levy let Poch, Kane, Ali and Eriksen go at the same time. You are correct if we lose all 4 were in trouble, though that’s a fairly obvious statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well we all know it's not about Levy letting anyone go. When a player wants to leave, they leave. Whether it happens immediately or 6 months to a year down the track. Players have all the power now. If Kane or Eriksen or Ali wants out, they will go. Not a lot Levy can do about it.

I've seen it first hand with Torres, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho. Just make sure you spend the money you get from them leaving the right way.

I just think if Poch does leave and Spurs still are winning no trophies, I think you could see some players looking for the door. Maybe not Kane, but Ali and Eriksen have no allegiances to Spurs.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well we all know it's not about Levy letting anyone go. When a player wants to leave, they leave. Whether it happens immediately or 6 months to a year down the track. Players have all the power now. If Kane or Eriksen or Ali wants out, they will go. Not a lot Levy can do about it.

I've seen it first hand with Torres, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho. Just make sure you spend the money you get from them leaving the right way.

I just think if Poch does leave and Spurs still are winning no trophies, I think you could see some players looking for the door. Maybe not Kane, but Ali and Eriksen have no allegiances to Spurs.
It’s all a game of “ifs” and “buts” at the moment. As the saying goes though, “when one door closes, another one opens”. Our profile has raised and with the facilities the club now has we should be able to attract the quality needed to keep a sustained challenge going. But as I said it’s all hearsay at the moment

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

There’s no way he would have made up his mind that quick. It’s going to require a lot of persuasion and assurances for him to decide. He’s very happy at spurs and knows he has a great squad and only signed a five year contract with no clauses (that we know of) in June.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ever since Mou's sacking, Jod has been desperately baiting Spurs fans. Bit weird.
Ever since Liverpool look like actually doing something this season, Jod’s been baiting everyone. His posts on the United board are blatant trolling imo I don’t know how he guests away with it.

Ever since Liverpool look like actually doing something this season, Jod’s been baiting everyone. His posts on the United board are blatant trolling imo I don’t know how he guests away with it.

Because he phrases it as if he's dumb and doesn't know the answer.

"Hey Spurs fans, if Kane left your club, wouldn't that be a bad thing?"

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Because he phrases it as if he's dumb and doesn't know the answer.

"Hey Spurs fans, if Kane left your club, wouldn't that be a bad thing?"
Haha yes, you know he’s revelling in it really - despite the fact it would mean a top manager going to his fiercest rivals. Jods very transparent at the end of the day,

No idea what you guys are talking about.

I wasnt trolling in the United thread.

We come back to the age old dilemna when it comes to your posts then.

Trolling or sheer stupidity?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bullshit you weren't
We come back to the age old dilemna when it comes to your posts then.

Trolling or sheer stupidity?
If I was trolling I would have rolled in there with some memes, gifs and written LOLOLOLOL UNITED etc etc

But I didnt, I went in there to discuss with United fans how s**t United are.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Haha yes, you know he’s revelling in it really - despite the fact it would mean a top manager going to his fiercest rivals. Jods very transparent at the end of the day,
Im not reveling in anything. I dont want Poch going anywhere near United as he is a pretty good manager. I hope he stays at Spurs.

If I was trolling I would have rolled in there with some memes, gifs and written LOLOLOLOL UNITED etc etc

But I didnt, I went in there to discuss with United fans how s**t United are.
So you went there to be a dick.
A distinction without a difference then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back