The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whether Sarri stays or goes, Chelsea will do well to get rid of players that down tools whenever they don't get along with the manager.

If they don't they'll be in the same boat in 1/2 years time.

There’s probably only a few players that genuinely bleed for our club at the moment and that’s Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Kepa and Luiz. The rest don’t seem to give a s**t.

Im in the Sarri needs another season boat, get rid of the deadwood, bad apples and anyone who doesn't want to play his football. Bring in guys who do and back the manager not the players for a change.
I'm with you Chef. I don't agree with everything Sarri is doing, but you can't isolate him as the problem when the players have turned on two managers who have brought this club titles. Time for the players to buy in or * off.

"We are going to create a debate that to win a trophy is going to help the club,” he said. “I don’t agree with that. That only builds your ego. In reality the most important thing is being consistently in the top four and playing in the Champions League. That is going to help the club to achieve the last step." -Poch

Interesting comments from Poch. Does there need to be greater rewards(bigger prize money or direct entry to UCL?) so that winning a cup becomes more important than just finishing top 4?

14:50 until the end.

RE Marco Silva: I saw a red flag after the way he approached the Man City and Spurs games in mid December.

Parked the bus against City, so much so that he suffocated his own side and made it almost impossible to get out of their defence.

Then over-compensated for that by keeping a high line against Spurs and got demolished 6-2.

RE Marco Silva: I saw a red flag after the way he approached the Man City and Spurs games in mid December.

Parked the bus against City, so much so that he suffocated his own side and made it almost impossible to get out of their defence.

Then over-compensated for that by keeping a high line against Spurs and got demolished 6-2.

I saw the red flag when he got relegated with Hull and sacked by Watford in the space of 6 months.

4 wins from the last 14 is a very poor return.

Think he needs to change formation. Neither DCL or Tosun seem to be able to play as a lone striker. Don’t seem to have a no.10 that can do it either so why not 4-4-2 or 4-3-3?

Use Bernard/Richarlison and Walcott alongside Tosun/DCL as a front 3 and not as wingers, have them all close together and use a 3 man midfield of Gomes, Gana and Davies/Sigurdsson?

4 wins from the last 14 is a very poor return.

Think he needs to change formation. Neither DCL or Tosun seem to be able to play as a lone striker. Don’t seem to have a no.10 that can do it either so why not 4-4-2 or 4-3-3?

Use Bernard/Richarlison and Walcott alongside Tosun/DCL as a front 3 and not as wingers, have them all close together and use a 3 man midfield of Gomes, Gana and Davies/Sigurdsson?
I'd keep giving Lookman games with Richarlison, Bernard, Gueye and Gomes being other staples. But they need to land a very good striker in the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moyes, Hughes, Allardyce and some other English plodder all out of work at the moment.

Wonder who Everton choose?
Why wouldn’t they just wait until the summer and appoint Silva’s permanent replacement then. With Pool, Arse, Chel and Utd to visit goodison is one of those blokes really going to improve things?

Can’t win a cup. Won’t get relegated.
They’re almost at the stage where they’re on the beach anyway.

I honestly think David Wagner would be a good appointment for them but I doubt the fans would go for it.
That would be an interesting dynamic Wagner and Klopp as best friends managing a rival club.

Everton should go for Conte. Yet to receive any offers as of a week ago.

I think Eddie Howe would be good for Everton, I don’t think the fans would be behind it though as he’s only managed at such a small club and isn’t a big name. There’s been links with the Leeds manager, but would he walk out on a club (and a pretty big one, arguably as big as Everton) that has a good chance of going up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back