The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eddie Howe would be good for Everton, I don’t think the fans would be behind it though as he’s only managed at such a small club and isn’t a big name. There’s been links with the Leeds manager, but would he walk out on a club (and a pretty big one, arguably as big as Everton) that has a good chance of going up?

Howe supported Everton as a kid, as well.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Would be cautious with Howe. No doubting he’s done incredibly well at Bournemouth but he did fail at Burnley.

Sometimes a manager just excels at a certain club.

The Everton job really is an interesting one. They’ve had some names there since the Moyes era but none have really got it to work for an extended period there.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon if Chelsea lose the final they’ll sack him, certainly if they capitulate again they will. A new manager bounce might give them a shot at top four or winning a cup, like it has done in previous seasons. Give it to zola to see the season out that would be a popular choice. On the other hand Sarri could admit he’s wrong and make a start by playing Kante in his proper position

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was actually an Oldham supporter as a boy. I wish him well but I reckon he’s too much of an introvert to succeed in that role

Might be coming up against the team he part owns next season. Be interesting how the league deal with that.
I got a feeling they won't do anything, just like how last season RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg were allowed to both be in the Europa League.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
I want the club to back Sarri, sell the guys who dont fit/dont want to fit in his system and bring in guys he wants in the summer. But its not what we do. Every chance Zola will be managing before the end of the season.

That's not really Sarri's modus operandi though is it? He's gone on the record many times saying that he prefers to stay out of transfers and just wants to coach players that he's given. So unless he's going to change his philosophy and actively do research on potential transfers, I'm not sure what you're advocating for his a plan which is likely to succeed.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
That's not really Sarri's modus operandi though is it? He's gone on the record many times saying that he prefers to stay out of transfers and just wants to coach players that he's given. So unless he's going to change his philosophy and actively do research on potential transfers, I'm not sure what you're advocating for his a plan which is likely to succeed.

You dont think he does research on players?

He got Higuain, Kovacic, Jorgihno and Kepa who were all players he wanted(plus he met with Pulisic and his dad and gave that his tick before we bought him) so we are getting him what he needs, it'll just take a few windows. Hopefully we can be patient like Spurs and Pool.

He has said transfer windows bore him as he'd rather be out on the pitch coaching players that he has rather than doing the work that others at the club should be doing. If he gets who he wants yay, if not hes happy to work with what hes got.

You dont think he does research on players?

He got Higuain, Kovacic, Jorgihno and Kepa who were all players he wanted(plus he met with Pulisic and his dad and gave that his tick before we bought him) so we are getting him what he needs, it'll just take a few windows. Hopefully we can be patient like Spurs and Pool.

He has said transfer windows bore him as he'd rather be out on the pitch coaching players that he has rather than doing the work that others at the club should be doing. If he gets who he wants yay, if not hes happy to work with what hes got.
Ha ha good one. Roman being patient.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speculation that Chelsea are talking to Zidane but to agree he is demanding a £200m transfer kitty and that they keep Hazard. Probably BS, who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back