The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we needed was City to smack us 6-0 again and Tottenham to save their late season fade for a few weeks and he’d be taking over at Chelsea :p
We’re stuck with Sarri unfortunately

I don’t believe he’s going to be an elite level manager either. United will be looking for another coach in 2 years max I reckon. They really should have got Klopp when he was available instead of persisting with LVG

can understand why utd fans are happy, club legend etc. just think there has been a realisation though as to how bad mourinho was, and there's a real 'anything is better than that' vibe to it. but, shockingly, i have been wrong before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t believe he’s going to be an elite level manager either. United will be looking for another coach in 2 years max I reckon. They really should have got Klopp when he was available instead of persisting with LVG

Klopp wanted Liverpool, don’t think we could’ve done much more there.

Ole getting 3 years instead of say 5 or 6 shows that we will reassess things then.

Don’t think Ole is a with us for a long, long time but he deservedly gets the gig after such a fantastic turnaround.

can understand why utd fans are happy, club legend etc. just think there has been a realisation though as to how bad mourinho was, and there's a real 'anything is better than that' vibe to it. but, shockingly, i have been wrong before.
1553824506991.png

Clear overreaction to some of the performances, like the PSG win - they were abject (injuries aside) but still won. They have been better, but they have still been poor. The next Di Matteo.

images

Gee, how lousy would that be? Came in, managed Chelsea to a 4-1 CL win over Napoli (from 3-1 down where AVB had them), managed a two legged win over Barcelona when Barcelona were still this dominant force, managed the CL final win over Bayern Munich. The players convinced the owner to sign Di Matteo full time. Was sacked in November with a match to play in the CL group stage and 3rd in the league. At the first sign of so called trouble, Di Matteo was gone. So yes, if Ole becomes the next Di Matteo (Champions League winning manager), you won’t get any complaints from us.

Last edited:
So you'd rather a flukey win in one tournament and nothing for a few years after? Ok.

Why don’t we allow one year to pass before we look a few years down the track? Ole was hired on December 19th and it is now March 30th.

Cool story.

It was 20 points when Mourinho was sacked and 18 points now. I mean sure, United have lost 1, drawn twice and won the rest. Liverpool have lost 1, drawn 4 and won the rest and have played one extra game in that time (14 vs 13). Without context, you can have a dig at literally anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back