The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Bruce and Garry Monk the favourites apparently.

Yeah they're getting relegated for sure if that happens.....

Steve Bruce is nowhere near it, where did you see that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahaha whoops I am thinking of Garry Megson!

Haha and I was thinking of Alex McCleish. :D

Monk was just at Birmingham and your talk of mid-table PL combined hahaha.

Think I read that in either the Guardian or the Telegraph.

Depends if they want a British Manager on the cheap I suppose...

Bruce has said he's retiring after he leaves Wednesday so seems a lazy link.

I think it was because he's a Geordie and it's a bit of a dream job for him that's why.

That said the Newcastle fans would love having an ex Sunderland manager in charge I'm sure...

He was booed out of Sunderland for being a Geordie though so not sure they'd mind, and it was a hell of a long time ago now.

Not like it's a question that hasn't been asked before...

I guess the question is - would Super Frank have been given the job if there wasnt a transfer ban and/or Sarri was not wanting to leave?

If the answer is no then his appointment could be construed as an attempt by Roman to appease the fans during the transfer ban.

I guess the question is - would Super Frank have been given the job if there wasnt a transfer ban and/or Sarri was not wanting to leave?

If the answer is no then his appointment could be construed as an attempt by Roman to appease the fans during the transfer ban.
If Sarri didn't want to leave then he'd still be manager regardless of transfer ban.

If Sarri wanted to leave and we had no transfer ban then I think we'd be in the same situation.

What quality managers are available at the moment? Blanc said he's not looking at returning. Mourinho would probably end up being a bad idea.

Add in the fact that we DO have a transfer ban and the range is limited even further, because what managers would want to go to a club where they can't sign anyone in their first summer?

Lampard is of course drawn to the club and is probably the most gettable. Plenty of Chelsea fans think it's far too soon, me included, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back