Not open for further replies.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Allegri didn’t want the job and we’d be going down the same path regardless.. would be gone in 1-2 years. Lampard is a huge risk but if it comes off it gives us a chance to find some identity and get some continuity going. Rather than win a trophy every couple of years only for the manager to be sacked within 12 months.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
At the time he wasn't.
When I posted that originally, Luke Edwards from the Telegraph was running with it, and he's pretty clued in when it comes to anything Geordie.

Wonder how much old Brucie will have to spend, especially if they sell Longstaff for 30M or so.

That'd be 60 - 70M in sales including Perez but I'd be shocked if he was allowed even to spend half of that.

Reckon someone like Almiron might try to force a move now also.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Steve Bruce fan confrontation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Haven't been in here in a bit. The two big news story are of course Rafa leaving Newcastle which is a huge blow for them. For me, they will be relegated next season.

Fancy being as s**t as Newcastle are and being lucky enough to somehow have a world class manager in charge to keep you in the Premier League. Then letting him walk. Cashley is an idiot.

Lampard to Chelsea is huge. I think it's way too early and will end horribly but it will be exciting and interesting to watch.

Could be worse, they could’ve gone from Rafa to Roy Hodgson.
Woy > Bruce as a manager. Hodgson’s a good fit for lower-tier PL sides, Bruce is Championship standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back