The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BA isn’t the airline it once was, but it’s still classed as elite. Think Virgin has surpassed it as far as U.K. airlines go. Probably best to fly Qantas though if you’re coming to Europe
i'm loathe to let the secret out, but Royal Brunei airlines are awesome.
No one can drink so everyone sleeps. its quiet. the crew are top notch.

True but you have to draw a line somewhere. If you have better options ethically you should take them
Yep, precisely. Anyone with a shred of knowledge about the treatment of people in that country coupled with a shred of decency would do the same.
SM is right that you can find issue with most things if you try hard enough but there are varying degrees and more serious offences and moral obligations on the the individual to do the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, precisely. Anyone with a shred of knowledge about the treatment of people in that country coupled with a shred of decency would do the same.
SM is right that you can find issue with most things if you try hard enough but there are varying degrees and more serious offences and moral obligations on the the individual to do the right thing.

Well to be fair, I tend to be more forgiving of the Middle East/Emirates ownership of Citeh, cause it does seem to have played a significant part in the massive fall from grace of Man Ure into a mediocre mid table club. Long may Sheik Mansour reign over the City of Manchester 👍👍🤔🤔

Interesting on a different but similar topic that the NBA is now in deep s**t with China over Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey's tweet supporting the pro democracy protesters in Hong Kong. Personally I think the Chinese are overreacting big time, but thos could potentially cost the NBA Billions of dollars in lost revenue and TV Rights etc.

The Chinese dictatorship and their bullying of any outside party who criticises/says something they don't like speaks volumes of the current situation there and the power hungry dictator in charge. The power checks they had in place before which did provide a level of scrutiny and accountability are gone and Xi Jingping has pulled out his deck chair settling himself in for the long haul, changing term limits to assure as much.

The country while in the last 20 years embracing western ideologies is still bound by a government which operates in a purely fascist capacity these days.

It's not just the Rockets and the NBA situation - you say anything bad about them or anything in their country and the immediate reaction is a threatening one and because of their economic power and their financial value to most things in the world these days are able to bully most parties into submission.

And don't even get me started on their treatment of ethnic minotories, particularly the Uyghur's in the west/Xingjiang region.

Where is Mourinho going?
I would say Everton is the most likely destination at this stage, as it doesn’t appear that we are going to depart with Poch and United surely wouldn’t want him back. Mourinho has stated he wants to stay in the PL but if a European powerhouse came in for him I doubt he’d turn them down either

Anfield next. Should be the last game before a new manager.
Doubt we even get a draw out of Belgrade in mid week. At home no less.

Poch has got some things wrong but there is clearly an issue with club management also that is simmering below the surface. I still think Poch can turn it around but both him and Levy probably need to repair their relationship.

Knowing our luck Poch will have you guys play out of your skin and pick up a result at Anfield!

Poch won’t be going yet. Dr G being slightly melodramatic. If results don’t turn over the next couple of months it’s possible the board will act, but even that’s not a certainty. Poch needs a clearout, and for what ever reason it didn’t happen in the last window.

60 months of good work and he is going to get the sack in 3 months into a season 5 points off 4th. Only reason Levy would consider it is because of the good start to the Amazon documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back