The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still think Poch is a great manager, would take him at Arsenal.

I’m probably the only one thinking Jose is good for Tottenham too....wanted him at Arsenal.

I think Jose will squeeze every last bit of talent from that Tottenham squad.

West Coast/Liverpool. The dream combo!

West Coast/ Arsenal has been a glorious combination over the last 25 years

Not to derail this thread, right now it's all about shaking our head at Levy.

A Freo/Spurs combination is probably only matched by Carlton/Spurs or Melbourn/Spurs combo.

Could explain why I have very little tolerance for West Coast, Collingwood / Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United combinations
Please
Dons and spurs
Between dodoro and levy, its a wonder either gets any squad on the pitch

First day and both men are lying.

- Reportedly Mourinho has been promised funds... Yeah 3 pounds 50 pence.
- Jose states he's excited to work with the players AND the ACADEMY. Yep he really used the Chelsea academy well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously they had had this set up for a while now. Mourinho came in too quickly after Poch was sacked for it not to have all been set up in the last few weeks.

Interesting appointment. The one thing you can say about Mourinho is that wherever he goes he wins trophies. He even won the Europa league with a trashy man utd.

So Spurs fans have to be happy about that. Having said that, he needs money and Levy is notoriously tight so I don't see this as a happy marriage.

Just dawned on me, my timeline’s going to be filled with Duncan Castles puff pieces now.

Years of lolmou laughter at United. Now my head coach.
Years of bagging Josh the Goose. Now my CHF.

What a time to be alive. FMD.

Going to be one hell of a ride. As we know it won't be longer than the 3.5 years he has signed on for. Im expecting the initial new manager bounce to carry through until about March. Then we get to see how we are looking for next season which could be anything with Mourinho. Hopefully it all blows up in year 3 which means we get 2 good reasons out of him, then we move to a Howe or Nagelsmann if they continue on their current trajectory

So is Bayern and Man United the front runners for Poch?

Can’t imagine Poch at Arsenal.

He’ll go to Bayern, I very much doubt United will sack Ole and get Poch.

Something I can see us doing, is Poch goes off to Bayern, we stick with Ole, start falling down the PL ladder and then sack Ole with no one available.

Poch's smartest move will be to have a few months off and take over at Bayern or Madrid at the end of the season. Or even Madrid for the final few months. Get a full pre season in and win titles and or trophies next season. Not much to gain out of going to United or Bayern too soon

Why didn't this bloke get the Spurs gig:

No they’re really not. No two teams will simultaneously build your hopes up and break your heart. You may not think so but Tottenham are a huge club in England, and yet somehow haven’t won the league for nearly sixty years. England is the birthplace of modern football and have had some exceptional players over the years. They haven’t been in an international final since ‘66. I win this

England was also the birthplace of modern tennis.

Doesn't make them any good at it.

A major portion of the best players throughout the league through it's history have been non-English. Even looking back to the 70's and 80's with some absolute superstars being Scottish and Welsh.

They just haven't been anywhere near as good as people (mostly English), think they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back