The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Dyche plays the same style as Allardyce?

Allardyce also copped heat from Everton so not sure he's a great example.
Dyche is defense first and direct with guys like Barnes and Wood. Dont think that's the "West Ham way" at all. It's more the Lukaku, Duncan Ferguson, Timmy Cahill style. Something that would potentially suit a Cenk Tosun. But Evertonians have been more okay with that direct nature under Moyes with those 3 target men than West Ham have been

I thought Pellegrini was supposed to be an elite level manager? He’s been utter gash at West Ham.

Cant see West Ham fans happy with Dyche. He’s not a match imo. Howe definitely would be, but I wonder if the fans would rather go with someone like Rafa, despite the experience they’ve had with Pellegrini

Good piece apart from using the word soccer

That article would make a lot more sense if it wasn’t for the fact that the football has for the most part been turgid throughout the whole of 2019. Pretty sure Poch would still be here had the results and performances only been poor this season and would probably have been given until the January window to turn it around.

I thought Pellegrini was supposed to be an elite level manager? He’s been utter gash at West Ham.

Cant see West Ham fans happy with Dyche. He’s not a match imo. Howe definitely would be, but I wonder if the fans would rather go with someone like Rafa, despite the experience they’ve had with Pellegrini

Looks like Rafa is enjoying himself in China:

Having said that his family is permanently based in Merseyside. I reckon he could be persuaded to come back to the EPL if the right position came up. Fascinating insight into his Mike Ashley negotiations. Rafa admits himself that he finds Mou taking over at Spurs "intriguing".

Dyche is defense first and direct with guys like Barnes and Wood. Dont think that's the "West Ham way" at all. It's more the Lukaku, Duncan Ferguson, Timmy Cahill style. Something that would potentially suit a Cenk Tosun. But Evertonians have been more okay with that direct nature under Moyes with those 3 target men than West Ham have been

I think the whole "West Ham/Everton/whoever" way stuff is utter wank in all honesty. People want to watch entertaining, attacking football, and don't like dour, boring defensive football. That's the same up and down the country.

Looks like Rafa is enjoying himself in China:

Having said that his family is permanently based in Merseyside. I reckon he could be persuaded to come back to the EPL if the right position came up. Fascinating insight into his Mike Ashley negotiations. Rafa admits himself that he finds Mou taking over at Spurs "intriguing".

Sounds like he felt he needed to do something and this was the best paying one but is now a bit annoyed he didn’t wait because a heap of potential PL jobs are coming up.

I think the whole "West Ham/Everton/whoever" way stuff is utter wank in all honesty. People want to watch entertaining, attacking football, and don't like dour, boring defensive football. That's the same up and down the country.
I agree to some extent. I just think some fans are more open to a Moyes, Dyche & even Mourinho than others. Everton fans more so than West Ham. Don't agree with it myself but I'm not a west ham fan thankfully

What about The Hull City way?

Funnily enough that's the same thing, there's two things that everyone thinks is a unique of their club:

"The [Club X] Way" which is nice free flowing attacking football.

And "Typical City/Spursy/Arsenal, etc" which is managing to stuff up/lose from a winning position, or lose in a match you're expected to win. News flash, every club loses games they're meant to win, or trips up from winning positions, or doesn't succeed when they should because of an odd fluke.

When they moved from 1 team to 2 automatic promotions from the second division to the top back in the day I think we missed out by one year, when they introduced play offs it was a year after we would have finished in the play offs, when they moved Cup finals to Wembley it was a year after we played in a final, s**t like that. Then 2-0 up against Arsenal in the final, etc. It happens to every club but everyone thinks it's some pandemic just for their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fabianski's form last season really papered over some of the cracks unfortunately.

It's an indictment on the manager that his must have signing from last season in Felipe Anderson hasn't scored this season.

In terms of Howe vs Dyche, Howe would go down better with the supporters, but frankly I'd just be after results ATM. I'd like to see someone like Parker, Bowyer or the Cowley Brothers given a go long - terms, but the owners will never appoint a manager without PL Experience....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back