Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 9.37.48 pm.png

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Needs to be someone who will come in and “do a Lampard”. The transfer ban did play a part in that of course.. but someone needs to come in and clear the place out. Ozil, Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka, Socratis have got to go. Build around Guendouzi, Pepe, Tierney, Willock, Nelson etc

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Needs to be someone who will come in and “do a Lampard”. The transfer ban did play a part in that of course.. but someone needs to come in and clear the place out. Ozil, Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka, Socratis have got to go. Build around Guendouzi, Pepe, Tierney, Willock, Nelson etc
Maybe instead of spending 77m (in installments) on Pepe who they didn't need instead of a quality defender..

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting timing. Are they trying to get a head start on Poch.
If you knew anything about Poch you’d know the Arsenal job is a non-starter. This is the guy who won’t manage Barcelona because of his ties to Espanyol. His bond with spurs is deeper than that, and it’s a bond with the fans rather than with the chairman.

Whoever comes in has to find a way to play all (or at least two) of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe. While not being overrun in midfield and exposing a poor defence.

Was Emery’s undoing in some ways. A manager who likes using 4-2-3-1 needing to play systems with two up top to get their star pair on the field but not sacrifice in the middle. Xhaka, Guendouzi, Torreira is a weak CM grouping to pick from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Was he really that unaware?

Considering all the sounds were that the board had "complete confidence" in him going forward I wouldn't put it past our coward ownership to whisper sweet nothings in his ear then blindside him.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If you knew anything about Poch you’d know the Arsenal job is a non-starter. This is the guy who won’t manage Barcelona because of his ties to Espanyol. His bond with spurs is deeper than that, and it’s a bond with the fans rather than with the chairman.

How bad did he fall out with Levy though? Mou did state that he would never manage Spurs back in his first Chelsea stint.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How bad did he fall out with Levy though? Mou did state that he would never manage Spurs back in his first Chelsea stint.
Doesn’t matter how he feels about Levy, he’s a rare breed that develops strong emotional ties with clubs he manages. It’s not impossible that he goes to Arsenal but I don’t see it happening. The allure is that he wouldn’t have to uproot but I don’t get the impression that uprooting is a bone of contention for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back