mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Has no power to strengthen the squad that’s with Agnelli and Paratici. They brought in Rabiot and Ramsey on huge wages and Sarri was stuck with them and other old players on huge wages. Then last year he didn’t know what they were doing with Higuain, Dybala and Mandzukic. Players never suited Sarri and he could never implement what he did at Napoli. Sarri’s fault is he should have known that but money talks I guess.
Money talks, probably knew he could at least get the scudetto, he’s now getting paid to do nothing and has the highest Italian football honour next to his name.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Nah, he changed his tune not long ago and didnt rule it out.

Unemployment changes lots of things.

Whats your tomato for this one? Last I heard he turned down the Monaco job and was being lined up by the Saudis to take over at Newcastle (obviously thats off now)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Whats your tomato for this one? Last I heard he turned down the Monaco job and was being lined up by the Saudis to take over at Newcastle (obviously thats off now)
Theres lots of articles if you google it.

Pochettino has now given an interview where he was asked to explain his comments and seemed to backtrack on his claims about never managing at the Camp Nou.

“I was in Barcelona that year and I met [Barcelona president] Bartomeu in a bar. We greeted each other because we were taking the children to the same school and we were talking for five minutes. That generated a rumor that set off alarms because there were more teams that wanted us, and when they asked me I wanted to settle it drastically.
“I did not want to disrespect Barcelona. I could have said things differently. Espanyol has made a name for me. But I’m not arrogant and I didn’t like making a statement like that. Maybe now I wouldn’t because in life you never know what will happen.”

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Would have to presume he'd be their #1 target, would have a good laugh if Sarri somehow ended up becoming their manager.

Wonder if Marcelino might be an option if they couldn't get Poch, had some success at Valencia.

Xavi is probably the other main candidate, again so much depends on the presidency, how much he'd have to spend etc. Reckon it's almost time to say do a Chelsea for 1 season and play the kids, clear out the deadwood etc., doubt the new manager would be allowed to do that though.

It's been pretty widely reported in the last few weeks mate.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Xavi is probably the other main candidate, again so much depends on the presidency, how much he'd have to spend etc. Reckon it's almost time to say do a Chelsea for 1 season and play the kids, clear out the deadwood etc., doubt the new manager would be allowed to do that though.
He's basically officially tied himself to the rival board ticket, so won't be managing them until Bartomeu goes

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Shows how much results in the league don't matter because Serie A is a one team league. It's the CL that matter and with being dumped out last night, that's the end for Sarri.
It’s the style of play that matters not the result.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Whats the point though? Sarri won the league.

Oh yes, big achievement that was.

Juve have an ageing squad. Is Pirlo being brought in to rebuild the team with younger players? If so he'll need some slack cut in terms of winning CL.

I imagine he’s been brought in because he’s cheap, loved by fans, respected by the players and will do what our management want him to do. Their seemed to be a disconnect between the management and our last two coaches.

Our CL chances are pretty much dead with this group, so I hope for a rebuild. Matuidi leaving for a loss despite being a starter for most of year probably signals this. We could probably squeeze out a couple of Scudetti playing defensive football and cheesing a goal but that won’t hold up in Europe.

I hope he’s cut slack on winning the league as well and is allowed to fully rebuild the team. We can’t win it forever and even if we could it doesn’t help our chances in Europe. Each passing year the league and our teams reputation suffers for it.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
And yet his style of play at Napoli in his last year there was some of the best football to watch.

Juve couldn't afford to back him?
We could, instead we decided to spend all our money on a CB.

Our management isn’t concerned with squad building, they just make buys to secure headlines the rest is the coaches problem.

barca is a poisoned chalice atm and they need a full rebuild, not sure why you would take that job tbh
Got to agree but very hard to knock back Barca especially for Pochettino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back