The Manager Merry-go-Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
So, those managers on the merry go around. Who's next? Van Wilder can't be too far away surely.

Steve Bruce is my bet.

I think if The Blunts are honest, this season is a lost cause, and they are going down anyway, so I think Wilder probably stays (least till the end of the season)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Steve Bruce is my bet.

I think if The Blunts are honest, this season is a lost cause, and they are going down anyway, so I think Wilder probably stays (least till the end of the season)
For Newcastle to sack Bruce it would mean that they have ambition and quite clearly Mike Ashley doesn’t have any ambition to take this club forward. Ashley isn’t interested in putting money into the club. He wants to sell the club and as long as the team is comfortably above the relegation zone, Bruce should be safe.

Indeed.

Who can forget that Premier League Manager of the month award for October 2007?
Puts him only 2 behind Alan Pardew & 1 behind Tony Pulis,

On par with Mike Phelan.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Hassenhuttl has come out and said he knows the system to get Werner working. Subtle expression of interest in the soon to be vacant Chelsea seat?

Andriy Shevchenko is the bookies favorite, currently manages Ukraine.

That would be an interesting change if it were to happen to say the least...
lol I'd be amazed if that were to happen given the availability of Tuchel and Allegri to say the least.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
lol I'd be amazed if that were to happen given the availability of Tuchel and Allegri to say the least.
I suppose it's whether you may need a caretaker for rest of season if Tuchel or Allegri only want to take over in the summer and if that may be why perhaps, but yep thought that was pretty strange to have him outright favorite also.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Roman would have lost the plot if that happens. Giving jobs to his mates again. That's how he got his transfer, didn't look like Mou wanted him at all when he signed.

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Management is a tough world where not much patience is given. Back in the day ,Alex Ferguson would have been sacked at Man U and never given the chance to build that dynasty .
But Lampard has had two well backed clubs and done nothing. So I guess he is destined to be the next Tim Sherwood .

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Neil Harris sacked at Cardiff.

There's a job for Sparky......
5pm UK time Mick Mcarthy not listed (by Skybet) in 10 frontrunners for the job, by 7pm 7/4 favourite.

• Mick McCarthy 7/4
  • Paul Cook 7/1
  • Tony Pulis 6/1
  • Craig Bellamy 6/1
  • Mark Hughes 15/2
Poor old Sparky, what with his CV and everything.
Ya look mate we'll get back to you if the the bloke just sacked by APOEL or Anderlecht's U21 coach don't want the job.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Allegri too defensive and how well Sarri was received probably the why I'd imagine.

Think Frank has to finish top 4 to have any chance of keeping his job if he is staying on for rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back