The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franks biggest mistake was not getting rid of the 4 or 5 senior players he froze out and didnt want around.

By the sounds of it it was a very toxic playing group.
a toxic playing group getting a chelsea manager sacked? no way

Apparently Alonso, Kepa, Rudiger and Jorginho. Some talk Azpi wasnt happy either losing his spot and knowing Frank wanted to sell him.

Like they are all guys that i dont want at the club(apart from Azpi) either but once the window shuts and you are stuck with them youve got to make it work. Its what experienced successful managers do.

The playing group sounds like it was quite fracture.
Bit more to it judging from this article. Says number of players not happy with lack of tactical advice and planning amongst other things. Toxic players just an excuse

a toxic playing group getting a chelsea manager sacked? no way

Then they are going to love Tuchel and his own melodramas with upper management. Probably only hiring him to appease the new young Germans already disillusioned with life in London. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Then they are going to love Tuchel and his own melodramas with upper management. Probably only hiring him to appease the new young Germans already disillusioned with life in London. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Correct me if im wrong, but Tuchels issues arent with players but with hierarchy?

I dont see him as a long term manager but if he can win some s**t before getting sacked thats fine with me.

Correct me if im wrong, but Tuchels issues arent with players but with hierarchy?

I dont see him as a long term manager but if he can win some sh*t before getting sacked thats fine with me.

I suppose these days the players are “upper management” in clubs but yes, hierarchy. :p

Was on the cards and lampard took the job knowing he could be gone at a moments notice, probably got more time than others would have been afforded at Chelsea in the end, really think for him it just came down to inexperience and the money spent last window would have added huge pressure, felt like Chelsea were looking for some stability, this sacking just undoes all that though

feels like tuchel has been brought in to get the two struggling Germans going, would have been a key factor you’d think
Doubt he stays long, 2 seasons seems about right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you'd find a better qualified candidate than Hayes, but I reckon it will be a brave club to take that step. I doubt there would be a squad of players in the first 7 or 8 tiers that would get totally on board.

Would make an amazing Amazon series and if you found a club willing to take the chance, and back the manager over dissenting players it would be really interesting to see what Hayes could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back