The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp stepped down from Dortmund when he needed a break. I think he will leave Liverpool soon..
Gerrard would likely be a favourite to replace him.

Rangers might then look at Eddie Howe or Lampard.
Gerrard managing Pool will end the same as Lampard managing Chelsea.

Klopp will never be sacked by Liverpool. No matter how much this season hasn’t gone according to plan, it hasn’t been helped by a lot of injuries. When Klopp and Liverpool eventually do part ways, it will be on Klopp’s terms and that will be because he wants a new challenge. Next season with a fully fit squad at his disposal, Liverpool are a top 2 contender.

Klopp will never be sacked by Liverpool. No matter how much this season hasn’t gone according to plan, it hasn’t been helped by a lot of injuries. When Klopp and Liverpool eventually do part ways, it will be on Klopp’s terms and that will be because he wants a new challenge. Next season with a fully fit squad at his disposal, Liverpool are a top 2 contender.

Liverpool's owners are Yanks I believe. (They also own the Boston Red Sox)

I agree he shouldn't or doesn't deserve to be sacked, but I do not think they wouldn't be sentimental enough not to sack him if they deemed fit.

They are still in very good shape in this year's Champions League at least, at some point I think Klopp needs some kind of sabbatical to recharge his batteries (and not talking about quitting LFC either, just take an extended break/holiday)

Liverpool's owners are Yanks I believe. (They also own the Boston Red Sox)

I agree he shouldn't or doesn't deserve to be sacked, but I do not think they wouldn't be sentimental enough not to sack him if they deemed fit.

They are still in very good shape in this year's Champions League at least, at some point I think Klopp needs some kind of sabbatical to recharge his batteries (and not talking about quitting LFC either, just take an extended break/holiday)

I guess after Leicester City sacked Ranieri because he didn’t back up his 5000/1 title with another title contending effort, anything is possible.

He literally said just two days ago, he doesnt need a break.

Klopp has constantly said that he operates at such an intense level he would need a break from football.
It will come eventually.

Gerrard managing Pool will end the same as Lampard managing Chelsea.

Gerrard has had some pretty good results in Europe with Rangers ,when they have not really spent much.
Lampard was given lavish financial backing and was expected to win straight away ,but didnt manage it . Liverpools owners are not as trigger happy as Chelsea ,so they would let him have more time .

No chance Klopp leaving before the end of the season I would have thought, they'll recharge and go again.

Would get interesting if they're not title contenders next season though.

One of the great tragedies of our time that they are in different divisions.

🗣 .....🤜.....:ambulance:

Opportunity lost to beat the 5 red card record in the EFL.

:sadv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but Frank was average at Derby and then sucked at Chelsea, meanwhile Gerrard is breaking Celtic's stranglehold on Scottish football. Big difference for me.
I'm not sure taking them to the play-off final can be considered average, especially given how Derby have gone since. Gerrard has done well at Rangers but they've finally got themselves together in the last few years and were always going to challenge with Celtic again eventually.

I'm not sure taking them to the play-off final can be considered average, especially given how Derby have gone since. Gerrard has done well at Rangers but they've finally got themselves together in the last few years and were always going to challenge with Celtic again eventually.
Were they? Didnt know that was just a sure thing rather than Gerrard going in there and making it happen. They arent challenging Celtic either, they are destroying them.

Give Gerrard credit, I know it's Scottish football and he will still have a lot to prove at higher level but a league title is impressive early for Gerrard's managerial career.

Last edited:
Maybe but Frank was average at Derby and then sucked at Chelsea, meanwhile Gerrard is breaking Celtic's stranglehold on Scottish football. Big difference for me.

Geeze the hyperbole on Lampard is a bit much Jod. He took a side banned from transfers to top 4 last season.

Then was given a kings ransom and couldnt get them playing. He might get another go at another club bur right now Gerrard is streets ahead of Lamps in the management game.

Then he was.. but to say he was rubbish is hyperbole, no?

Were they? Didnt know that was just a sure thing rather than Gerrard going in there and making it happen. They arent challenging Celtic either, they are destroying them.

Give Gerrard credit, I know it's Scottish football and he will still have a lot to prove at higher level but a league title is impressive early for Gerrard's managerial career.
They came back up in 2017 and finished 3rd before Gerrard took over, so they have been building for a while. I'm not discrediting him but, aside from Rangers and Celtic, Scottish clubs are mostly L1/L2 standard. You can't call him streets ahead yet when he hasn't managed at the highest level like Lamps has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back