The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I dont think we are disagreeing all that much here. I did think you meant they'd be pulling out money out of the squad.

Of course anyone buying into a PL club apart from City owners are buying into it because of the huge commercial revenues of staying in the top flight.

Right.. and they've taken out huge debt to do it. They aren't going to be investing millions upon millions into the squad, which is how this conversation started.

Have a listen to this if you want:

From about 20 mins.

Of course anyone buying into a PL club apart from City owners are buying into it because of the huge commercial revenues of staying in the top flight.

Including the City owner.

If Klopp stepped down at the end of the season would Pool fans be happy with Gerrard as manager?

I think The LFC owners will have learnt from Chelsea's and Man U's mistakes and not appoint a club Legend/favourite son as gaffer.

With all due respect, the SPL has also been a two league team, so Gerrard having success with the Huns Is nor exactly an impressive feat on the CV.

I think Klopp will stay on, he clearly loves the club and it's fans, and the feeling is (mostly) mutual, I think he just needs perhaps an extended holiday to recharge his batteries and time to heal from his own person loss (losing your mother is not something that can be gotten over in a matter of a few weeks)

He has made Liverpool the biggest club from England on a Global Scale once again (Man U fans can deny it all they want but it's the trurh)

I think The LFC owners will have learnt from Chelsea's and Man U's mistakes and not appoint a club Legend/favourite son as gaffer.

With all due respect, the SPL has also been a two league team, so Gerrard having success with the Huns Is nor exactly an impressive feat on the CV.

I think Klopp will stay on, he clearly loves the club and it's fans, and the feeling is (mostly) mutual, I think he just needs perhaps an extended holiday to recharge his batteries and time to heal from his own person loss (losing your mother is not something that can be gotten over in a matter of a few weeks)

He has made Liverpool the biggest club from England on a Global Scale once again (Man U fans can deny it all they want but it's the trurh)

Gerrard is absolutely going to be the next Pool manager, I think that's essentially been confirmed already.

I agree but I'm not sure it will go all that smoothly. What do you think?

I think it won't work as well as they'll hope. I think the idea of having Gerrard come in for a season or two as Klopp's understudy works brilliantly in theory but would never fly in practice.

But I just feel like Gerrard's style is too different from Klopp's to work seamlessly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly... hahah.

He's revered. He's god like amongst fans.

Nope, why's that?
They do a ProAm which has a quiz (normally for supporters but during Lockdown etc it's been for Charity) and every single week they ask the question "Who is the manager of Doncaster Rovers?". They asked it a few times and then it became a running joke. Anyhow, probably not that interesting but I sometimes watch the show because Bullard is funny and shows off some good tekkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back