The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the same players largely who bought into the commitment and working like dogs in training so they would get results come gameday under one of his proteges.

Villa are a chance to go level with us and in the top half if they win their games in hand. He is use to coaching a one man team so he will fit in nicely with us.

Absolutely if they win their games in hand, which is a big chance given their form of *checks notes* 1 win in 6. Which includes a loss to Sheff United. And that one win is against Fulham.

Absolutely if they win their games in hand, which is a big chance given their form of *checks notes* 1 win in 6. Which includes a loss to Sheff United. And that one win is against Fulham.
Not sure who their 2nd game in hand is but they wont be winning both with City being one of them. Regardless they should be finishing 8th-12th which for them is the equivalent of Spurs finishing top 3

Not sure who their 2nd game in hand is but they wont be winning both with City being one of them. Regardless they should be finishing 8th-12th which for them is the equivalent of Spurs finishing top 3

Well again, that form is built from the first half of the season when Grealish was flying. I think you're really overstating Smith's importance and I'm amazed that in the same breath as rubbishing Potter you're promoting him.

Is Potter actually that good would be my worry? 33 goals in 32 games whilst having a lot of the ball doesn't scream out to me "I am ready for a top 6 job"

Is it solely down to STs not being good enough? Or is it tactically him?

If we had Kane and Son up front we'd be comfortably a lot further up the table than what we are.

Well again, that form is built from the first half of the season when Grealish was flying. I think you're really overstating Smith's importance and I'm amazed that in the same breath as rubbishing Potter you're promoting him.
I don't see why either of them would get the job. But if Potter, Parker and Howe are worthy of being at the bottom of the list so too is Dean Smith

I don't see why either of them would get the job. But if Potter, Parker and Howe are worthy of being at the bottom of the list so too is Dean Smith

Yes for Parker = Smith, but no on the other two.

We should be disappointed with all 4 is my point.

Probably, but was just weird to bring in Smith when he wasn't even linked, just to say you'd be disappointed with him.

Probably, but was just weird to bring in Smith when he wasn't even linked, just to say you'd be disappointed with him.
Just seemed an odd name not be brought up considering he is currently the highest placed manager of the English lot being touted

Just seemed an odd name not be brought up considering he is currently the highest placed manager of the English lot being touted

Thought I explained why that's likely to be the case.

Bielsa has done a great job. Look at weekend, that’s 10 Championship players starting. One year spend in 16 years, short off season for promoted side. One of the lowest salaries. Outstanding. To say otherwise is quite silly. He won’t go to Spurs though, likes it where he is apparently and all signs point to him re-signing for two more years.

Bielsa has done a great job. Look at weekend, that’s 10 Championship players starting. One year spend in 16 years, short off season for promoted side. One of the lowest salaries. Outstanding. To say otherwise is quite silly. He won’t go to Spurs though, likes it where he is apparently and all signs point to him re-signing for two more years.

Who said otherwise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one. Did i say so? Bielsa was mentioned and I have my two bobs worth. Cheer up ...we won the war!

Just seemed an odd comment when it wasn't something in the discussion.

Neil Maupay had similar success as Watkins at Brentford but has been a bust? Or the manager can't get it to work for him?

I wouldn't call him a bust.

Villa have spent 280 million pounds over the last two seasons, we've spent around 65.

Maybe Watkins simply has better players around him. He also could cost 13 million pounds more than Maupay and is 9 months older.

Rather pointless quoting Mou's past achievements IMO. Football has passed him by, his tactics are dated and man management non existent.

These days he really is a portugese fat sam. IMO he would actually be really suited to a relegation battler turning them into a well drilled defensive side playing counter attacking football where there would be more of an acceptance of his tactics.

I find it interesting he was given the boot just before the LC final. Levy must have decided that sacking him would be very difficult in the event that Spurs won the LC final and that he had to get rid of him right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back