The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has signed a three-year deal with the Italians worth £5m a year — compared to the annual £15m he was getting at Spurs.
But as part of his severance, the North Londoners agreed to pay him the shortfall in salary if he took another post on lower wages before the end of his contract next summer.

Got to say if it were me I'd be calling Mourinho's bluff and say we pay you £15 mill, but if you take another job you get zilch.
Would Mourinho be prepared to go on 'gardening leave' until the end of next season?

According to a Foxsports article including this £15m ($A27m) in compensation, his sacking payouts amount to an estimated £77.5m ($A140m).

Doesn't need the money, does need immediate redemption?

Got to say if it were me I'd be calling Mourinho's bluff and say we pay you £15 mill, but if you take another job you get zilch.
Would Mourinho be prepared to go on 'gardening leave' until the end of next season?

According to a Foxsports article including this £15m ($A27m) in compensation, his sacking payouts amount to an estimated £77.5m ($A140m).

Hey? He got the arse and was under contract. Finding another job for following season has got nothing to do with it

Offsets aren't a new thing - they are one of the few things that NFL rookies can actually negotiate about for their contracts after the draft
But he had two more years left at Spurs which is £30m so the £10m he got paid out was already reduced. Can’t be zero surely

But he had two more years left at Spurs which is £30m so the £10m he got paid out was already reduced. Can’t be zero surely

Spurs should just tell Mou he has the choice of sitting around doing nothing on his original contract or terminating his Spurs contract if he wants to move on to another club.

The S*n :mad:

12m of his 15m gardening leave saved.

This has de boer written all over it. Fat Sam in by Xmas

How? As long as Lampard is backed to bring in a few or re-sign their OOC players, he'll do a solid job for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he won't want to sign most of the OOC players and will try to change too much too soon

Based on? Did he do that at either Derby or Chelsea (remembering of course that the players signed at Chelsea this season weren't Frank's choices).

Commentators on the Palace v Villa game are speculating that there will be an announcement of a Roy Hodgson farewell game in the next few days.

They seem pretty certain about it too.

Probably because it's been pretty well publicised for a while now. Lampard the likely replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back