The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i was wrong.
I think it's actually when the tweet has more replies than likes.
Pretty sure ratio refers to the number of replies compared to the number of likes and re-tweets.

If the replies >> (likes + retweets), the tweet is said to have been ratioed and indicates that the contents were either controversial or wrong

I still doubt Gattuso will get over the line. Has absolutely no credentials to meet the criteria Levy has set out with what he is looking for.

Even though Fonseca was a step down from previous links you could see a few boxes he ticked.

I'm not sure why Everton fans would be that gutted with Rafa. He can over achieve still.

Gattuso is sh*t and is a campaigner.

May as well just go straight to Bruce since he's an upgrade on Rafa.

Having checked out his relegated season, his form was actually fairly decent 3-4-3 from the 10 games in charge. 1.3ppg wouldn't get you relegated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a bit ironic a team owned by a tax dodger misses out on the manager because he wants to do the same thing.
Where has it been said that that is what Fonseca wants to do? How do you know that it isn't just about him wanting more money so that his after-tax pay at Tottenham wouldn't have been lower than it was at Roma?

How do you know that it isn't just about him wanting more money so that his after-tax pay at Tottenham wouldn't have been lower than it was at Roma?

That's exactly what it is. He has tax breaks that he can't get in the UK. Doubt they'd be that major that it would be worth haggling over tbh

Where has it been said that that is what Fonseca wants to do? How do you know that it isn't just about him wanting more money so that his after-tax pay at Tottenham wouldn't have been lower than it was at Roma?
Just bs by Spurs to make out its Fonseca saying no and not them shafting him.

Having checked out his relegated season, his form was actually fairly decent 3-4-3 from the 10 games in charge. 1.3ppg wouldn't get you relegated.
Rafa won the championship in his first full season, then got Newcastle to 10th straight away in the prem. The Newcastle fans loved him.

That's exactly what it is. He has tax breaks that he can't get in the UK. Doubt they'd be that major that it would be worth haggling over tbh
Pretty sure managers qualify for the "brain return" tax breaks that also apply to professional footballers. In that case, they are worth haggling over as they increase the tax-free threshold to 50% of total income (instead of just 10%)

Potter is in a good spot right now.

Not sure he's the kind of bloke who would want to leave a more quiet tranquil job with good people behind him for somewhere more turbulent.

Pretty sure managers qualify for the "brain return" tax breaks that also apply to professional footballers. In that case, they are worth haggling over as they increase the tax-free threshold to 50% of total income (instead of just 10%)
You would imagine he was offered a pay rise in weekly terms so the lost money on tax wouldn't be that material. After tax he might be down 1m. Hardly worth haggling over when paid 6m. Apparently that's not the reason it fell over. If taxes are one thing they're concerned about enic will be able to help out

Would you begrudge him for leaving?

Nope, I just don't think he'd want to leave.

Would you rather work with Tony Bloom or Levy and Lewis?

He's on a pretty good thing where he is, risk it to go to a potential basketcase situation like Spurs?

Not sure Potter is one who likes a lot of spotlight on him.

It's gone past the point of laughing at Spurs, can't help but feel pity for them

It all goes back to yourself starting a thread about them winning the title last year.
Never thought this would need to be updated weekly

1. Nagelsman
  2. Conte
  3. Ragnick
  4. Poch
  5. Galtier
  6. Gasperini
  7. Rodgers
  8. Kovac
  9. Potter
  10. Ten Hag
  11. Zidane